Fly Tying

the mid body vieling is rifle bird. the feather has no cup to it so thats why the photo stayed like you see. the underwing is superb bird of paradise.

Bud

Sick dude! And I don't mean gross or anything bad. I mean killer sick. like crazy sick. like awesome sick. like most bodacious sick. like way sick man. :headbang:

nice dark rich colors. loving it.

rock on

gary

Beautiful, Bud! Spectacular color palette. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Is that banded gymnogene or Kori in the throat?

John

OOOOH!!

I really like the colors in this one :D

Can't wait to get the magazine and see what's in there too....:bugeyes:

VEE

The Bird of Paradise for the underwing reminds me of something. A month ago or so, Harold asked how much he should pay for a peacock skin. You replied something to the effect that the bird was too beautiful to be killed just for it's feathers. I kind of rolled my eyes at your reply. The reason being is I've been hunting and fishing most of my life and I've killed many things for their meat, their fur, their feathers, or a combination of the 3. I've always felt that if you killed something for "purpose" then that animal's death is just.

Well the point of all this is I was watching one of the episodes of the "Planet Earth" mini-series on the Discovery channel and they show the mating rituals of 2 species of Bird of Paradise. Till then I'd never seen these birds before and their beauty really blew me away. I thought about it and I doubt I could kill one of them for their feathers. No fly could do their beauty justice.

Then here we have another Guidry masterpiece and I think you have done one of the planet's most beautiful bird's beauty justice. :headbang:

It's all kinda ironic, huh? :lol: