Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Erie, PA Steelhead - Last Call!!!!!

Today at lunch I was able to finalize some lodging. We decided to rent a trailer that will hold a few people and should turn out to be much better than the lodge that we stayed at last time. The guy I spoke with didn't speak much English so I hope I have the information correct.

As of right now I have one trailer reseverved for April 1st - April 4th. He said they should hold between 4 and 5 people but the most of them are only 2 bedroom so that could mean some people sleeping on the couch or the floor(I don't mind doing either). Right now there is only 4 of us that have confirmed 100% that they are going.

Me

Chris

Kevin

Kevin's friend

If there is anyone else who wants to lodge with us they need to speak up VERY SOON because according to the guy all of the trailers will be filled up in a few days. If a couple of people are defiently going I will rent another trailer for Friday and Saturday night. Here are the rates for the trailers.

$55 for first two people

$5 for each additional person

If we can get 4 people in two different trailers it will equal out to $16.25 per person, per night. You can't find lodging any cheaper than that!!!

If you want to go but not stay in a trailer, no big deal, there are plenty of hotels around the area!

Smalliehunter, my mother-in-law lives in Erie, so I might stay with her. Or, I will just drive home after fishing (I am only 2 hrs. away and I drive up and back in the same day very often.). I hope to meet up with you guys. Keep me informed of where you guys will be and maybe we can meet and/or I can show you a few places. I fish Elk 99% of the time. Keep me posted. wink.gif

Bryan,

You just let us know when you might be there and we will try to meet up somewhere. I will be there from Thursday to Sunday morning wink.gif

Hey depending on what time i get done to Pa.If i can ditch the wife and kids i might try and make it up there.if not i won't be able Sunday.Brothers wife's baby shower but i will be fishing creeks close to there while the lady's do there goo and ahh things.

Hope you all have good luck and great fishing.

tt

Getting more tonight also! Even more when you go SE! A nice slow runoff will be a good booster for the water table.

Will, I see your going over Thursday now?? There's a "chance" I'll make it over Friday morning, I'll let you know that week.

Just thought you boys might want a report! Creeks were high and off color, water was a little warmer than it has been and there were fish EVERYWHERE! I even stepped on one, scared the hell out of me.

The seemed more interested in spawning than eating though. and the smolt are all over the place. I landed about 30 fish today, sad thing was 25 of them were less than 7 inches...

Most of the females look like they've dropped their eggs and will be heading back out soon. Still plenty of them in the creeks though.

I won't be making it up this weekend. I'm not going to kill myself to get up there and beat up the smolts... So have fun guys!

Thanks for the heads up SK, it's a shame you won't be joining us. I'm thinking about maybe sticking with some bigger buggers to help keep away from the smolts and hopefully get an aggressive male to hit it. Plus they are calling for some rain next week and the water should be up so buggers might be the way to go anyway dunno.gif

Erie Weather

Looks like they are calling for rain every day but Sat at the moment. Hopefully it won't be much and maybe, if you are lucky, enough to keep the fair weather fishermen home. smile.gif

Sign in to follow this