Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
steelie

What could it be?

Steelie

correct me if i am wrong but is the category for "fishable" realistic pattern or "fishable" if fishable then what in the world is the difference....I was doing mine as a realistic and would hate to start over since I really do not have alot of tying time....... :D Mike

one is just for show and either would not hold up to casting and water or simply would not work because of hook shape or placement, simply just a work of art...... and the other looks real but you can fish it and it should catch fish.. I love the way the capsule turned out but would use strait silver with a little pigment in the epoxy. They make some that will give it a violet hue when light hits it like a real baitfish's slime coat.

wow that looks amazing! cant wait to see the finished product. what are those eyes made of?

Good Day,

Actually a funky kind of plastic and rubber combination! I believe they are called "flex eyes". I bought them from Van Dyke's online which I believe is owned by Cabela's.

Steelie

Wow ! :bugeyes:

Amazing work ! How you got the idè ?

Looks great realistic too,

:headbang:

Regards, Marcus