Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
NineZeroSeven

Dolly Lama

I've read a few articles in the past that refer to a fly called a Dolly Lama. I haven't been able to find this listed in my fly books, and a google search hasn't been much help. Does anyone have info on this pattern or know where I can find any information online? Thanks,

I'm about to get some Llama fur from a coworker who raises them, so I'll be watching this topic with interest, just on the off chance that llama fur is involved.

This Cedar River report is brought to you by the staff of Puget Sound Fly Company, with help from our customers. Please feel free to call us at (253) 839-4119 for further details or for help with pattern recommendations.

:wallbash:

Cedar River - June 7th, 2006

supplied by: The Avid Angler

RECORDED: 60 ° FISHING: Fair

The Cedar is very high right now. It is fishable and the water is clear, but it is very fast and not all spots are easily accessible or wadeable.

I fished with a friend for a few hours today and used mostly streamers while my buddy fished a dual nymph rig.

We caught a few fish with one trout to 15" in the mix, plus a smallmouth bass taken on a beldar bugger in yellow and brown. The trout was taken on a San Juan worm.

I recommend fishing heavy streamers steelhead style right now until the water drops a bit. Once it does, nymphing will become more of an option.

I have heard a few reports of decent dry fly action in the evening. Small mayflies (PMD's) and caddis have been the usual suspects at this time of day.

Streamers to fish include a Beldar Bugger, Dolly Lama and a rubberleg woolly bugger. Plan on using a fast sink tip and short leader.

Report submitted by Nathan Keen

I am also trying to figure out some info on this fly, has anyone heard of it and if so is there a similar pattern or another name?

I've got the pattern for this fly as I remember coming across it. To the best of my rememberance it doesn't use lama fur but is a feather wing streamer pattern. I'll look it up and send it.