Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyfishpj

HOOKS?

Hey everyone! Well I have a problem. I am using the money I have been saving up (it is hard when you are a teenager) and finally having some money to buy a whole bunch of tying materials I want to start with some hooks because when I first started tying a bought only about 100 hooks in different sizes and brands and I have no idea now if they are dry, wet, nymph, or streamer. Can you guys maybe give me some of the most common and used numbers for the Mustad hooks? I don't know where to start because I don't want to end up getting hooks that I won't use. Thank everyone!!

go to

www.mustad.no

then to product catalog

then to hook catalog

then choose on the type of hooks you are seeking

Jeff

If you have a pattern book (or access to one) you can pick out the flies you want to tie in there and it will give you the hook types and sizes most commonly used for that fly. This might help you make a choice also. But as Spook said the Mustad site has tons of info on hook types and what they are used for.

Here you go, Try this site. They aren't Mustad but just as cheap. personally I like them better. I think the brand name is Saber. www.flyshack.com/search.aspx?q=hooks&B1=Submit :hyst: :hyst: