Fly Tying
nomad

Crayfish swap

Whats up Chrisfish? Nice to see ya in this one.

Juice :P

not much. thanks for tellin me about this one juice. I'm a huge crayfish fan. be it on a plate with a cold beer or in a stream or as an immitation on a hook. just always thought they were the coolest little things. auta be a good swap, seeing all the differant patterns we come up with.

I DID IT!!!!! :yahoo:

After a couple of failed attempts, I jumped on the vice today with a vision and man, it came out awesome. Maybe not as awesome as a realistic but using ideas from other crayfish I have seen, I put a very nice one together. I'll be trying it out on Tuesday.

I am actually very proud of myself. This is pretty much the first fly I have made without a recipe that I actually really like. Just an idea and kind of winging it, piecemealing materials together and just kind of hacking my way through it. I was so excited when I finished. Just had to share.

3 more tyers and we are set.

If I can make a craw, I know anybody can. :hyst:

nomad you forgot to include yourself in the list so really there are only 2 spots left :o

im gonna do a materials check and i'll be back later w/ a verdict of if i can join or not.

ok well i made a prototype and im very pleased with it. its a creation of my very own and i have deemed it the CAMO craw. its a very suitable name :lol:

so that means IM IN

well i got all 11 of my one of a kind camo craws all tied up. im ready for an addy.

here is a rather decieving picture of my fly. i say this because in the pic, it looks like there is palmered hackle along all the body, but its only along the front half. also the "carapace" of the fly is alot smoother than it looks. but anyway here it is:

IPB Image

oh crap. thast right i moved it from my main photobucket album to my sub album. so that means i gotta go in and edit the url. i'll go do that.