Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
gill buster

hypnotizing fish

so i know how to hypnotize fish just fine and i can do it most every time i try but what effects does it have on the fish i mean i kinda feel bad when i watch the little suckers sit there half outa the water for long periods of time just sleeping. and while im on the topic who else does it... tell me im not the only one :ph34r:

Back in WW2, N.E. Indiana was the hemp rope capital of the U.S. The stuff grew wild all over the place. Maybe GB has found a new patch, & I'll bet he ain't making rope! :j_k:

Don't be makin' fun of this.I can only say that using this technique, most of the Bluegills in the local pond have stopped smoking, and some now cluck like chickens.

i swear you trout people and your quick releases ill never understand. if you take a fish youve caught and lay it down on its side at the bank with one gill out of the water and stroke its gill from its mouth towards its tail starting firm then lightening up they will just sit there and not move till you poke at em again. ill get you guys some pictures of hypnotized fish sometime i think my record is having one sit still for about a half hour.

"i think my record is having one sit still for about a half hour."

I hate to break this to you, but I think your fish was dead.

Sorry, I'm just kidding around. :D :j_k: :D When I read your comment I burst out laughing and haven't been able to stop. It just struck me as funny that a fish would lay still for a half hour.

ROTFLOL!!!!

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

i swear you trout people and your quick releases ill never understand. if you take a fish youve caught and lay it down on its side at the bank with one gill out of the water and stroke its gill from its mouth towards its tail starting firm then lightening up they will just sit there and not move till you poke at em again. ill get you guys some pictures of hypnotized fish sometime i think my record is having one sit still for about a half hour.

I've been bored and out of beer before, but how bad off do you have to be to try something like this?

I believe we have a new contender for the strangest post ever on these sites (and believe me, thats saying ALOT :lol: )

Gill Buster has been watching too much Chris Angel "Mind Freak" :hyst:

so in this picture you will see three fine specimen of panfish hypnotized on the bank of a pond the one in the middle had been there about 20 minutes and the two on the outside somewhat less time. however moments after this picture was taken on my cameraphone the two on the sides came out of their trance and swam off to live happily ever after (until i catch them again!!!) unharmed and still alive.

Fish, like lizards, alligators, snakes, and frogs have simple brains lacking in frontal lobal area. As well being cold blooded their brains don't function as quickly as mammals in processing actions.Their brains lean more toward the simpler stem and base which doesn't allow for a lot of planning ability. It's not the strokeing but brain position which causes the trance. When a cold blooded animal has it's brain set at an upward angle, such as an alligator or lizard upside down or in the case of a fish, laying at the angle most banks have it causes the same effect as the wrestleing hold called the sleeper causes on humans. The brain is overloaded with blood createing the trance like sleeping state. Basic motor skills eventually kick in (usually) which prevents death of the animal from asphyxiation of the brain.

Does this load of bull sound pretty good? I tried to make it sound as official as possible :hyst:

*repeats to self on endless loop*

"I will not show my sons this trick."