Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

FTOTY Deadline

FTOTY Deadline  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I had a few emails from people saying the new deadline for the FTOTY contest is not going to work for a lot of people. So, I thought I would put this poll up to get everyone's opinion.

Ive got my hair wing done and the concept for my full dress is going along pretty fast.

I,ve got several of my flies done, I'll be ready by October. I would rather have the deadline in October, But I really don't care. This is gonna be FUN! Thanks, Will :headbang:

I'm cool with Oct. 31st as I procrastinate alot and having a tighter deadline is always a motivation for me.

Looking forward to the contest this year.

Really, whatever date is best logistically for you Will as I know you'll be very busy this fall with the magazine and all else you have on the go, it's a big undertaking and timing is a big part of things. Whatever works best for you. I think Oct. 31st is good, but alot of people still fishing and hesitant to dust off the old tying gear sometimes till later in the winter months.

I'm just really happy that the contest will continue again for 2007!!

it's taken me six weeks to tie nine clouser minnows, so I voted for December. I swear, this whole WORK thing keeps getting in the way of important stuff.

OK, I'm new here. I searched around, and saw galleries from FTOTY for previous years, and the odd mention here or there, but how does it work? How do I make a submission? Can I make multiple submissions? Heck, am I even eligible?

Jeff

Jeff

of course you are eligible.....just look for this years post 2007 FTOTY and click on the link

and all rules and regs are right there for you..This is a lot of fun...Mike :D

Man, I don't know how I missed that. Duh. Other than it was almost 3 AM my time. Thanks.

Jeff

Good Day,

I too am for December...

Smalliehunter (Will) I have a question regarding the saltwater submitions. If not this year, as the contest has already been announced, perhaps next year there could be another saltwater category? Say - saltwater bottom... for crabs, shrimp, charlies, etc? What do you think? Or should these styles just be considered streamers? Thanks!

Steelie

I really enjoyed last years contest, and this site has really opened up my tying, workwise oct. is terrible

but i respect what you are doing with this site and the magazine, so i'll work with whatever you decide

Again thanks for what you are doing here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

As I just started tying flies (and won't have the opportunity to tie much for the next month+ -), I voted for December.

I would like to submit a couple for the Rookie of the Year contest... although after looking at some of these rookies, I don't stand a chance!! :o