Fly Tying
steelie

IS it a swap? A contest? No a swaptest!

Good Day,

O.K. - what do you guys and gals think:

An event that is a combination of a swap and a a contest. Each tier sends two flies of one pattern. One half of the flies to the swaptest master (hosting fee... hehe) and the other half prizes. The swaptest master then posts pics of each of the entries on the board. Site memebers vote on which they think is the best fly. Say a one week voting period. Winner takes all. Well, half of all. Two flies is not that much so it is something of an inexpensive bet. What do you think?

Steelie

Will the voting be open to anybody on the forum, or limited to only the members in the swap?

As soon as you determin the specifics, i might be interested.

HHHHMMMMMMMMMMM.................SOUNDS INTERESTING...VERY INTERESTING...LIKE THE OTHERS

STEELIE WHAT SPECIES AND I TOO MIGHT GIVE IT A WHIRL......MIKE :headbang:

Good Day,

Right now it is in the "concept" stage. Each event would be specific ie - trout dry fly, saltwater streamer, bluegill nymph, etc. I think having the voting open to all would level out the playing feild too. Also, I would most likely keep the number of participants low - like 6 maximum so that a poll can be created in the link. Tiers would/can also request from what direction photo of fly is taken in. Think FTY competiton... but one of you wins the flies! No return post needed as swaptest master gets flies to cover costs. Also, a short voting period of probably no more than one week. And probably two weeks from announcemnt to submition of flies, after all it is only two flies one would be tying!

I will host a swaptest myself - but probably not until late September as I am in the process of moving soon.

Steelie

What do you need the flies for? are you low on ideas!!!! :hyst: Id say do 6 tiers and do several different categories with different Tiers. then you will have all of the inspiration you need :P I might jump it too!!! right now Im slammed with orders but I like the idea!

Good Day,

Haha Matt. Funny. However the sketchbook is on fire with concepts for the FTOY. Got some cool concepts for streamers so far and a what I hope will be a killer dry fly. Hehe...

Yeah - no more than 6 participants. Oh yeah - the swaptest master also is not elligable to win as they are already recieving flies. However, they still have to tie a fly for the winner. So I am thinking swaptest master plus six participants = 7 flies to the winner.

Once I am settled into my new living quarters I will host one. However, if someone wants to pick up the ball before then please feel free.

Steelie

How about you send in 9 flies, 3 of each for the swaptester, 3 of each for first place, 2 of each for seacond, and one of each for third... that will add some more tying fun, and then mabie we could have a championship one day, everyone ties 36 flies, 12 for the swapmeister, 12 for first place, plus a new flybox, 8 for seacond plus some new scissors, 4 for third, plus a few packets of hooks of their choice. i think that might make it more fun for everyone :).

P.S. people could make dontaions to better the prize :)