Fly Tying
Matt Inman

Found this while searching on Google...

While searching for the Popham in Kelson I ran across this digitized version of Kelson which seems to be the entire book. Definitely pretty cool as it is one of the books that I have next on my list but have not purchased yet. If you hit the plain text in the corner you can read the book or download the entire .pdf file of the book.

http://books.google.com/books?id=KzUCAAAAY...hTCKZg#PPR18,M2

I will look around and see if I can find any other titles on the website but being able to download Kelson should be of interest for at least a couple of us.

Here's another with hook plates and color plates start around page 85 (By Edward Fitzgibbon, Andrew Young):

http://books.google.com/books?id=5cIZAAAAI...on+fly#PPA88,M2

Let me know if you find anything else.

Matt,

Thanks from a CSS participant! I would NEVER have been able to purchase these if I could have found them!

Brian

Matt,

You can find Blacker's "Art of Angling and Complete System of Fly Making and Dying of Colours", March, 1842, on the same site. This book is mostly about trout flies but does have good information on dying.

Charlie Vestal

Matt/Charlie

Great stuff !! What an age we live in, with so much info at our fingertips

Thanks...gotz

Here's the Blacker Link.

Blacker

I wish they could have scanned the version that Dave Potts has pictures of with the actual flies in it!

Dave we need to get your Blacker information up on Ronn's website. I'll put that on a list of to do's for this fall.

How about fishing in Norway by Jones ?

What about Ephemera's book?

Any others? let's find them all!

Thanks Matt, now I'm going to spend the next 2 days chasing books on Google :hyst: :hyst:

pretty cool :headbang: :headbang:

I agree with Gotz....the digital age is amazing! :blink:

Thanks for the great links Matt, Charlie, and Royce. :yahoo:

I saw the content Dave has in person, and it is very cool. I hope we can get it online somehow!

Ronn suggested that we save these links on his web site. Please PM me any new links you find and I'll put them on a page on Ronn's site.

Very interesting indeed...Of coarse I had to bookmark it!

Matt, I know I have been a peice of poop with the CSS but I have been to busy. Not to busy to realize you are the mann, great flies you have been tying, and this info is above and beyond, Send me a pm or check your e mails I need to hear from you, I have been to busy to wrap prety threads...I am so sory you would not belive. I will get back on track before the next full moon

I found this one a while ago.

www.archive.org

This topic brought it back to my memory that I was supposed to share it here :)

You can find couple nice books from there. Here's some that I've downloaded

Fraser Sandeman - By Hook & By Crook (this was the one I was looking for then and boy was I happy when I found the whole book)

Francis Fracis - A book on angling (there's also Angling)

Salmon & Sea trout - Maxwell

Salmon Fishing - Hardy

How to tie salmon flies - Hale

and couple more :)

I can't get Kelson's and Marbury's book to work. Is there a way to get them in pdf ? I can only see few snippets of these books.

Timo