Fly Tying

Au Sable in May?

I would love to come up too. But, my wife is due to have our second baby on may 10th, Time might be a little hectic. Maybe we should all get together for the hex in june too. I bet BDH and Will would drive up for the hex!

john

QUOTE (Shoe @ Apr 1 2004, 03:10 PM)
Ain't much of an outing if the cops don't show up...   laugh.gif

user posted image

Hey...that's the outing where that nice Officer tried to wake me up and tell me I did something wrong the night before...What was my comment...something like "Ouch my head...Go away man!"..."RALF!!!!!!!!!!" unsure.gif

Man them were the good ole days! I'd like to join you all on this trip if you'll have me...South Branch...Isn't that smaller water? I think I floated it from ??? to the main branch in my Dryfly Floatboat during hex season last year and if my memory serves me correct it might be a little small for a Drift Boat....what' the plan? If it's Drift Boat water I have two empty seats in my Hyde...

I honestly don't think we have ever had an outing when the cops don't show up. Thank god no one has ever got tickets or gone to jail cheers.gif drunk.gif Jumpy.gif

Don,

I was thinking more like the Mainstream. One of my favorites is the stretch from Parmalee down to Camp 10. The last part would have to be motored, but there's some nice "hoggy" water just above the Pond. Hardly anyone fishes it, except for some that wade in from the access points and the fine folks that have cabins in there. I remember one rainbow that must have gone 5-7 pounds. It shot out from a weedbed and I fought it for about 3 minutes before it broke my 6 pound. Quite a few nice browns as well.

I'm sure Kevin can give us some details on other waters that can accommodate driftboats. Toward the end of May, Mio is another possibility as is the float down to the 4001. Some of the launches have posts to restrict larger boats, but with enough of us, we can always muscle our way through.

Well if everyone is cool with the May 23rd weekend, we should plan on it. My fishing will be somewhat limited do to my wife's B'day on the 25th and my anniversary on the 19th, but that still leaves the mornings open and if the weather's decent she'll enjoy a float.

If there's any other dates you guys want to do this, Speak up

There's rustic camping, electric for us older guys bs.gif and lodging in town.

This campground is quite small and reservations should be made.

BTW, he does rent canoes for our boat-less anglers

Sounds good Shoe!

I will be bringing my float boat. Wouldnt mind a float though the Mason Tract!

If there's any other dates you guys want to do this, Speak up

Ok. biggrin.gif A weekend or two earlier would probably work better for me. I'm heading up to the UP on the 29th for a week of chasing walleyes. Wouldn't mind having the weekend before open for getting my boat ready to go.

I will be bringing my float boat. Wouldnt mind a float though the Mason Tract!

riverboy, I'd like to give that float a try too before canoe season starts. Would one of the earlier weekends I mentioned work for you?

Mike

Mike,

That would leave the 16th, because the week before is Mother's Day.

I'm cool with either. Would this put us in a better position for the Hennies?

ya Mike either weekend would work I think. Lets plan on it Probably the weekend of the 14, 15, & 16 would be best. From the last weekend of April untill October Im up there almost every weekend.

The 14th-16th works for me guys. Good call on Mother's Day Shoe. Should of looked at the calender.

Mike