Fly Tying
letumgo

Double Cocked Streamer (Peacock and Jungle Cock)

I've included a couple other photos of this fly in the pattern database. The close-up shows the colors better than this photo.

ray i like the fly a lot

ive admired these streamer flies since i joined the site i knew nothing of them before

i decided to have a go at one myself

it is crap but i am going to submit to FTOTY

just wondering how effective these are for fishing are they any good for browns

all the best

john

Really beautiful streamer Ray - that peacock looks awesome and you complimented the colors in the body perfectly :headbang: :headbang: !!!!!!!!!!

BTW Ray - The pictures are super sharp!!! Is that the Pentax Optio waterproof camera?? Great shots!!

Regards

Lee

Jon Boy (John) - I don't know how well these streamers work on brown trout. Hopefully someone else can answer your question.

WaterWolf (Lee) - Yes, the photos were taken with my Pentax Optio W30. I am very happy with the macro photos this camera takes. The resolution of photos (7.1 megapixel) is really amazing, but it also shows every flaw on a fly ( :angry: ). The photos I posted are not at the full resolution, so the originals are even more detailed. I exported the photos to a smaller format to reduce the size of the files.

Thanks Ray for the camera info - I know you mentioned to me in a prior thread that it is a great camera.. and waterproof to boot!!! I think the Pentax Optio will be a future purchase for sure. My Nikon 5700 also has a great macro - one of the reasons I bought it originally - and as you said the macro can be so good taking fly shots it can almost be too close for comfort :D :D !!!

Cheers

Lee

ray excellent fly all things peacock, the fky has a awesome flow to it, great job, Best regards Paul