Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bud Guidry

Hatches Article

guys, i just read the article that lee and mike contributed to hatches magazine. WOW is all i can say. we got a couple of celeberties in our mist. the article is very informative and brillant and the flies by Lee and mike are fantastic. i want your autographs guys and great job. you deserve a round of applause for a job well done.

i'd like to also congradulate Stack on his wonderful and informative article on married wings, for those of you who haven't recieved your magazines yet you have a treat coming in the mail. solutions to having trouble with married wings is on the way. after reading stacks article you'll all be pros at it. great job Mr. Stack

Bud

Bud - you are much too kind and thanks for the compliments!!!!!

BUT - I do believe my buddy Mike Boyer was the co-author.... based on the time of your post you must have had one eye closed :hyst: :hyst: !!!!

Kind regards

Lee

Thanks alot for the nice comments Bud. I can't wait to see yours and Stack's articles, as well as all the rest.

My friend Royce should get credit for his help and encouragement, as well as tying and digital skills. He

and I will be tying Marbury flies together at the big Pacific Northwest tying show in Albany, OR next March.

Mike

Bud,

Thank you for the acknowledgement of the article. I hope that the article will help those who struggle with marrying fibers. Let me say, again, there is no substitute for practicing the technique. I wrote the article with the hope that understanding feather structure, first and foremost, would convince the tier that there is only one way to marry a wing correctly.

Unfortunately, the conestoga has not yet made its way over the Appalachians through the Cumberland Gap, so my copy has not yet arrived!

Many thanks again, Bud!

Best from Nashville-

Stack Scoville

Stack

I also believe you have a new Tying DVD on Salmon Flies. Kyle Hand picked it up at the Denver Show last weekend. He tells me it is pretty darned good and if anyone would know he would. Call me when it's convenient.

John

PS I haven't seen the Magazine yet either.

I think the delivery schedule was by age, so all of us old guys are still waiting for our copies. :(

John,

Thank you for the acknowledgement of the DVD. I spoke with Kyle on Friday evening. He seemed favorably disposed to the DVD. I am my own worst critic and will let others judge the utility of its contents.

I believe Jim and Kelly Watt did a superb job of production- other than failing to diminish the "glaring" effect of my bald spot. I guess I should have powdered by forehead!!! :hyst: Technically, to my eye, it is otherwise flawless! I, alone, am responsible for the actual contents of the DVD.

Best from Nashville and hoping to see many of you at the Southern Conclave in Mountain Home, the British Fly Fair Intenational in Stoke and the International Flytying Symposium in Somersett later in the fall-

Stack Scoville

Stack, i am really looking forward to meeting you in person at sommerset. i've been looking forward to this for a long time and it will finally happen.

Bud

Kudo's to all involved in Hatches! Mine arrived today, and I must say it is the single best issue of a fishing or flytying magazine I've ever gotten, and I've gotten them all. My only concern is that it will be a tough act to follow. The fact that many of the authors are also my friends via this forum, some that I've met and some that I haven't, only clouds my judgment a little bit. It is one fantastic document. Keep up the great work.

Leigh

Sign in to follow this