Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Kyle Hand

Kyla's Kaleidoscope

Hey guys

I have been absent for awhile but just to show you I am not sitting around idly passing the time, here is a fly I did for my daughter in Nebraska. I failed to tell you it is tied on a Ronn Lucas 9/0 + purple hook. It really adds to the colors of the fly.

It is a long story, but we have a new grandson and I have been moved to the garage and if you have not spent a summer in Texas in an non air conditioned garage you will understand why my tying has been limited. I moved to the bedroom and tied next to the wife's side of the bed until the night my chair broke and I ended up under the fly tying table and my wife almost had to go to the hospital due to laughing so hard. Broke right at the weld between the wheels and the seat spindle.

Just looking at some of the posts and see some really nice stuff out there.

I have another couple flies to post, one here and one on the streamer side so better get going.

Kyle

KYLE!!!!!!! We have missed you man!!!!!!!!! Whatta fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!! :headbang: :headbang: Purple hooks! :rolleyes:

:bugeyes: :bugeyes: Holy smokes man! Not only is the fly pretty awesome, but that hook...that is just way cool looking, love the colors, all the colors and a very fitting name for this fly :thumbup:

Ashby

Hi Kyle:

Did a double take on this one !!! Wonderful work with colors and shapes and a fine example of the potential found in usings Ronn's colored finishes. Great to see your work again.

dg

Hey Kyle - Cool fly and great design - wonderful color combo :headbang: :headbang: !!!!

Good to see you posting again!!! Are you coming to Somerset this year?

Cheers

Lee

OK!...........now everyone will know EXACTLY WHY!!! your one of my VERY favorites........as a Salmon fly tyer AND person. Btw, tkx. for the encouragement in the past.......it has meant a lot to me. mark..... B) p.s. PHENOMINAL fly

i also did a double take on this one kyle. you been gone for awhile but i think you been secretly practicing your tying too. a beautiful fly and i love that hook and bead combo. have you been taking lessons from our Mr. Lucass. super job kyle and again, it's good seeing you around again, hope to see more very soon. we missed you old friend.

Bud

Beautiful work Kyle. Your work has certainly been missed around here. Glad to have you back. Now that the heat is beginning to break for the year, we expect to see more from you.

SWEET!I love that bead and the colors match perfectly!

Sign in to follow this