Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fishaholic69

1st pheasent tail

caught 8 creek chubs today with the 2nd pheasent tail I made. almost had something bigger. it jumped about a foot in the air hitting a nymph! but then it came off the hook about 5 seconds into the fight. could of been a bass or the godfather of all chubs!!! oh well at least I caught something with it. my cousin caught stuff on the hares ear he made also.

could just be a different variation than im used to. but id say the legs look a little long up front, and maybe its the angle, but i dont see a wingcase?

I just got 2 fly tying books from the library. I notice that the front wings or what I thought were wings should be legs. and I did use a wing case. u can't see it from that view either. maybe I should use more pheasent tail to make it bigger. will make some more soon.

try not to take your thread back behind where you tie the tail in. and maybe try trimming your herl before you make the head, so you can cover the extra stuff up. i love pt nymphs :headbang: