Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Bud Guidry

Royce Stearns article

congrats on a nice job on that article royce, but i have one question. do i have to bow when i meet or walk away from Sensei Ronn?

now i understand why his back yard is decorated like it is

post-2058-1190715714_thumb.jpg

this is the area we would exercise each mourning at sunrise

wax thread on, wax thread off, my arms got tied after an hour of this crap and john wouldn't participate, i don't know what his problem was. he walked off mumbling something about breakfast at the bomber.

post-2058-1190715850_thumb.jpg

and heres the area we would meditate each day paying hamage to the feather gods. that hose you see in the picture was actually a training tool. if we began cutting up or laughing we got soaked on the back of our heads. i enjoyed this meditation thing but i didn't like the fact that we all were soaked to the bone after each session

just sticking a toothpick in the wound Ronn, i remember our conversation about sensie . i couldn't help myself. its all royces fault :P

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

with all respect to Ronn,

Bud

I am glad you psted these pics after you explained it to me.

Ronn-Beautiful bonzsai graden.Looks relaxing!So I take it you guys took up yoga or tai chi while you were there?

Bud ... You mean you didn't bow when you left the room? :hyst:

Did you see me catch those bugs with tweezers?

Hey Ronn, did Grasshopper wrap those hook packages properly?

That's ok Bud, I know Royce put you up to it. By next meeting you will also be able to pluck a fly from the air with tweezers! You have no idea how long it took Royce to perfect that. :hyst: :hyst:

I used to shoot flies with rubber bands! Great fun when you get one! :hyst: :hyst:

I've given you and Royce all I have, I am an empty vessel now. You are now sensi and your mission is to pass it on. SO, NO MORE SENSI stuff directed at me!!!!! :ph34r:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I think that Ronn has been sensei for a while to more than a few folks. I remember reading his articles over on FAOL and that got my wheels turning. Bud, you were truly lucky to have a sensei and I think that Royce has had the same privilege.

I agree with Ronn that it is now your turn to be the sensei. And by sensei I mean that you have to send me all of your indian crow and chatterer. :)

Those were some big tweezers, but it was a gigantic moth. :o An amazing feat!

Watching the Scotch evaporate from the bottle was a truly enlightening experience. :rolleyes: :D

Good Day,

Tweezers are for sissys. You need 18" long chop sticks grasped at the very rear for a challenge my very young apprentice.

Steelie

Sign in to follow this