Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
roycestearns

East meets West one more

I've been meaning to post this for a couple of weeks, and I guess this falls under the "better late than never" category.

As many of you know, the big Cajun has a heart bigger then his alligator stories (and those are big :P ). He started several flies while he was visiting and then turned em over to be finished by others, insisting they be tied with and supplying real IC, and Cotinga. If you couldn't tell, Bud started this fly, tag, tail, veil, and the first two body sections and then turned it over for me to finish. So big guy this one goes in the special fly collection ... weeee luuuuuvvv yoooouuu Buuuuuuddd :headbang: :headbang:

The first and only Bud & Royce fly

post-3365-1191121522_thumb.jpg

Mutt and Jeff, ..... Heckle and Jeckle,..... Tom and Jerry,..... Steller and Mural,..... Dean and Jerry,..... "Choices!" :hyst:

Abott and Costello...............talk about who's on first........................ :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

:headbang: That is SWEET!My god the body work is gorgeous!Royce the wing sets that puppy off!Well done itchy and scratchy!

you did a wonderful job royce. i hope you enjoyed our time together on this fly. perhaps in years to come it will be enjoyed knowing it was a team effort by us both. it was an honor tying a fly together with you, nice job my friend and don't fret over those guys calling us silly names. i bet they all wished they'd have been there. ( wink )

Bud

p.s.

your turn MR. Boyer

hummm? Stearns and Guidry, has a nice ring to it. like an attorneys practice that specializes in deformation of character lawsuits.

Tag teaming a fly... Who would have thought? Dang I wish I was there. Bud/Royce what a fine collective achievment. Royce, your choice of a tippet underwing and female cockatoo really picks up the crow. Bravo!

gotz

Awesome - and a real treat watching Royce take over the reins after Bud :headbang: :headbang: !!!! I saw the fly in progress - while Bud put a great start to it you did a fantastic job finishing it off Royce!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to say tag teaming flies was really cool...... Bud I have a fly to send you to finish... I put the tag on it and the rest is yours :hyst: :hyst: !!!!

Cheers

Lee

Great team effort, Stearns and Guidry!! Beautiful fly! :yahoo:

Bud was very generous (as was everyone else at Ronn's that weekend). I have one of Bud's flies also,

the 'Baroness' (will post soon, Bud). All I did was pick out the final topping and tie it in, and Bud gave

me the fly which has beaucoup Crow and some Cotinga. There's a little story behind it, too. ;)

Nice work guys! Beautiful fly and certainly something to be cherished for years to come.

Hi Royce.

I've seen many a double act like Francie and Josie, Cannon and Ball and the hugely famous Chuckle Brothers you both have hit it BIG TIME with one stoater of a fly, the excellent tying and colours blend beautifully together.

Well done and more...........

All the best Davie

Photo of the Chuckle Brothers

post-1889-1191267091_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this