Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Hr. Bach

Colonel #4/0

Hello freinds.

My first serious attempt on a classic fly this season is this Colonel. It was made as a contribution for a fund raising auction for a salmon conservation project. But I have second thoughts, so please tell me guys, is this worth sending, or should I try my luck with an other one?

Mvh

Martin

post-3638-1191268555_thumb.jpg

I'd say for sure it is worth sending, it has a very nice old world classic look to it. I'd bid on it!!

The crest and tail is beautiful!

WOW!I to would bid on it.An outstanding piece of work!

Martin, I wouldn't send it there, send it here for safe keeping. :hyst:

I can't recall seeing a better matched tail and topping on a fly. Everyone should use this as an example to strive for. The rest of the dressing ain't no slouch either!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

incredible. it looks like a fly taken out of an old gillies fly wallet 150 years back. Mr. Bach, your abilities to capture the true eccense of the classic is amazing. i wouldn't bid on this fly, i would buy it, win the bid if you will because the name behind the constuction of it would be enough. i've always been intrigued by your style and it's always a pleasure seeing your work.

thanks for sharing this with us here

Bud

Absolutely wonderful Martin :headbang: :headbang: !!!!!!!!!!!!!! No doubt worth sending... I would not think twice about it! Great to see your work here again too :D !!

Regards

Lee

It literally looks like it jumped right out of Jones. That herl head may be the best I've ever seen. Send it, and tell us how to bid on it ;)

Very nice one Martin.

It literally looks like it jumped right out of Jones. That herl head may be the best I've ever seen. Send it, and tell us how to bid on it ;)

The fly Hr Bach contribute to the auction will be auctioned in a frame together with two other flies, one from Sebastian Letelier and one from Long Nguyen (Goku). In addition we have a frame with flies from Tommy Kjærgaard, Steinar Christensen and myself. They will all be auctioned on the NASF fundraising auction in Oslo at october 25th.

For those not attending the auction it's possible to make a pre bid by contacting Gerhard Schive on [email protected] Among other interesing objects is a beautiful drawing from Sebastian Letelier, some very nice prints of Steinar Christensen's flies, two days on the best beat in Alta and a lot of other exclusive fishing packages around the world. The complete list is to be found here: http://www.elvene.no/adm/NASF%202007%20Auc...20catalogue.pdf

truly beautiful Martin. Tied with incredible skill and a tribute to those who tied before us.

dg

:bugeyes:

Astoundingly well tied, Martin! You tie better flies in hand than 99.99 percent of us can tie using our vises. Whoever wins the bid on this fly will receive a true treasure.

John

:D Geee Martin; I guess you have our answer now...

What they said! Your style to a T...

Best of luck at the auction

Dave P. :)

Sign in to follow this