Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

art of angling journal

Has anyone heard anything? Are Paul and Ingrid done with the magazine? Refunds on subscriptions?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I heard it was finished and you, like everyone else, can kiss their deposits goodbye. :(

Perhaps you can ask Paul or Ingrid at Somerset. Paul was there last year, and Ingrid often ties at shows...Not that they would feel comfortable answering in that setting...

-E

I beleive many people share your dilema my friend.

This is the way that Paul Schmookler has always operated.

I know many tyers that never saw their flies again after they

were sent to Paul to be photographed!

ya know you can always tell the character of the man,at the finish line. paul, no relations either :yahoo:

Here's all i know..........last year when i saw Paul and Ingrid at Somerset, they offered to replace all my copies, (all the copies there ever were) if i couldn't find them...........at that point in time i was still so tramatized over all we had been thru with the flood of June 28th, 06 that i couldn't even remember where or if i has stashed them in the mad rush to save what we could. Fortunately i did find them and still in mint condition............of all the hundreds and hundreds of fly fishing and or fly tying magazines we did loose, ALL the Arts of Angling Journals were saved............thank God. I had managed to get those high up in a linnen closet before the water got to the height in the room they were and at which they were being kept...........(on a lower coffee table shelf)..........................whew! When Paul and Ingrid made us that offer they were standng with my wife and i right after i had just purchased the one and only framed Schmookler fly i have from Stan Fudalah, for $275.........an incredable price for a Schmookler. They have always been very nice, friendly, cordial, and warm towards us........of course they have also recieved quite a nice piece of change from us over the years............(two copies of Rare and Unusual vol. 2, and one of vol. 1., plenty of gift/greeting cards, materials, etc.) but that's business. As far as i know, the "Journal" is history........making all of us who have copies even more fortunate. Yes, i had a subscription as well............but hey, it's only money.........they'll print more. No use crying over spilt milk............it's spilt. I don't feel ripped.........**** happens. I highly doubt they planned it that way. Benifit of the doubt will take you far. Dig? mark..... p.s i bought my copy of "Forgotten" from Don Bastion..........personalized........hehehehehehe

Sign in to follow this