Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CapeBSalar

Pink Bunnies

Hi Guys,

Just looking for some help finding a pattern and dressing for something called a Pink Bunnie?

I'd truthfully never heard of them.

THanks in advance.

Damian.

Do you mean the "Bad bunny", which is a pink tube fly. Could help with that one. Where did you hear about it from?

When I think "pink bunny," I almost think along the lines of a Deceiver or a Clouser: more of a genre or style of fly than a specific fly. There's so many darn interpretations of a bunny fly; you can't nail it down to one particular fly.

Take a hook, put some hourglass eyes on it, palmer some pink rabbit, throw in some Krystal Flash and call it good.

Jeff

Thanks guys. I have never really heard of this pattern myself. I thought somebody might have here.

I'll keep a searching! I like your idea Jeff, but the eyes will have to be omitted, the pattern will be used for Atlantic Salmon.

Cheers,

Damian

might get laughed off the river, but looks like something they've never seen before. You never know.

I think I'll improvise.

Thanks John.

Damian.

LOL Guys. That tube was designed for me (yes, that's my last name on that fly LOL). I'm a pink bunny fanatic, and was patterned after a fly I've tied for awhile (Charlie just made it super fantastic). In fact, I have that fly in the picture on my desk as we speak.

Here's a picture of the "bad bunny" IPB Image

Pretty easy tube to tie (and one helluva tube that catches salmon and especially steelhead). You only tie on the upper 1/3 of the tube. Tie in a good hunk of silver flashabou. Then tie in a pink zonker strip. I use one continous piece and simply tie off the tail and palmer the rest towards the head of the tube. This one was tied up on a copper tube (for fast sinking). But tie more in plain plastic tubing for gear guys to drift fish with (has quite a few 20# steelhead caught on this one, including my friends 28# Skeena buck a couple years ago). Long story about it's name. May post the pattern and list the rest of the story. :)

I like your idea Jeff, but the eyes will have to be omitted, the pattern will be used for Atlantic Salmon.

Are eyes disqualifying for Atlantic salmon? :dunno:

You're not talking about a classic tie are you? I'm thinking of something along the generic lines of an ESL.

Jeff