Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DaveG

Mixed wing Dee

A while ago (before my delete and scrape meltdown). I posted an unfinished version of this fly. For some reason, this one was left un-scraped. I found it in a box today, a bit worse for wear , but still kicking.

I like it more now than before. I hope you enjoy it

dg

post-4051-1192372209_thumb.jpg

dave i am glad you didn't cut this one i like it a lot. i like the idea of the herl ribbing, the fly has great lines to it. Thanks for sharing it. Best regards Paul

:bugeyes: :bugeyes: :o

WOW, Gotz! That's gotta be one of the most striking Dees I've ever had the pleasure of seeing! Everywhere you look on this fly, there are "gold coins" that reward the eyes. Fabulous, my friend.

And I bet it would fish every bit as good as it looks!

John

Thank God a few of your pre-scrape period works were saved. This one's a dandy, in that out-of-the-box amazing look that is uniquely yours.

Leigh

Outstanding creativity, Dave. It combination of the body hackle, tinsel and herl rib is stunning. I love the way the fibers show up against the light color of the body.

i love that peacock herl and hackle rib, wow that looks neat. dave, where did you get the dyed JC?

i saw some for sale on ebay and thought i might try it out. theres a hot orange and chartrusse and another i don't remember. whole capes dyed different colors.

Bud

the subtle contrast's are amazing, #$#$ pretty dressing

Sign in to follow this