Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Edwin

British Fly Fair

Hi Guys!

Just thought I'd give you all a quick update...

Anton and I are still alive, and still tying flies. I am off at college now, in London, conveniently, and Anton is still learning how to photograph and upload photos of our flies. Hopefully we'll be able to show you a few of our latest before I graduate......

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to the British Fly Fair from London, and if there is anybody who's going and might want to split a hotel room. Unfortunately I'm not tying at the show (customs wouldn't like my birdie bag...), but I'd still like to see what everybody's up to over here, and see some old faces.

Cherio!! (I'm sorry, I just had to...)

Edwin

Good to hear things are well for both of you.

London studying Art or ?

I'm sure Carne or McPhail will enlighten you on the BFF.

Cheers and look forward to seeing the latest creations.

Hi Edwin,

I'm the wrong man to ask how to get to the BFF from London as I'm coming from the north, Dave C would be the right one to ask.

I'm going on the Sunday maybe you will still be around and we can say hello.

All the best Davie

Sunday it is then gents.

Right - best way is a train from Euston (West Coast Mainline), get off at Stoke and then Taxi to Trentham Gardens (it's about 4 miles - Trentham is a suburb of Stoke, magical land of the Potties).

Ted, Long, Philip, Stack are you going this year? (actually I know Stack's going)

Cheers

Dave

Edwin, Give Steve Cooper a call on 01782 388382 he's the guy who'se organizing it and will be able to to help if anyone can. You could also try contacting the London or nearest branch of the Fly Dressers Guild to you via their website www.the_fdg.org as they will have members going. My branch (Bristol) takes a coach load up every year !

I wish to go, but I don't have the money, so I can't afford this year either :down: :crying: :crying: :crying: :( It would be so fun to meet all you guys, include Mr Rist from the US.. Hate to be poor.

Long, don't be poor.....find a rich wife. Aint nothin' to it. :hyst: mark..... B)

Edwin,

Assuming I do not miss a flight (as I did last year), I will be attending and tying. Please say "Hello". I am lucky enough for my wife to accompany me, too. Guess I will decline on the invitation to share accommodations.

I am disappointed hear you will not be there, Long! Anxious to see Dave, Davie, Phillip, Ted, Bill, Steve, Robert and all the gang.

Bon Voyage!

Best from Nashville-

Stack Scoville

Stack, did you say you ARE or arn't comming to Somerset in Nov.? I was sad when you told me you can't make it to Oregon in March. Sure hope Ronn has hooked up a replacement for you, for on the 9th. Take care, mark

yo,

i'll be there again...but i have to sneak in :P

edwin waxed cotton, wellies, and woolen clothing were developed for a reason, dress appropriately...issak waltons cottage is a very short drive from stoke-on-trent...maube you can take a hour side trip

dave is this that holiday...forget the name.. but it's when the guy blew himself up guy hawks day??

long, would hav been good to see you again...there'll be another time by the way ..Mr. rist is about 35 minutes older than you

looking forward to a warm relaxing weekend...stack owes me a stout

soon

ted

I know I know :hyst: :hyst: But he IS older than me, I feel free to refer him as Mister :hyst:

Sign in to follow this