Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Carne

'Kori' - no honest!

For your amusement - this ebay seller swears these are Kori hackles :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

He says they are bigger than the Teal I emailed and told him they were and that they are DEFINITELY Kori Bustard - because the breeder he got them off 'has 10 of them in his back yard' (funny he should say that - you should see the flock of Banksian Cockatoos that raid my bird table and pinch all the nuts - sodding pests).

Anyway just to ensure you avoid them - the listing is (pic attached):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=150171794532

Dave

post-3384-1192901013_thumb.jpg

yea, i have been having a horrible time with toucans in my back yard, when ever i put down a thing of froot loops, i look away for a seacond, and when i look back, they are gone!!!! :dunno: :hyst: :hyst:

:hyst: I checked this out a week or so ago!I just said to myself(what an idiot)... :hyst:

Dave-I too have had some strange bird in my yard,looks like a red cotinga!

:hyst: I checked this out a week or so ago!I just said to myself(what an idiot)... :hyst:

Dave-I too have had some strange bird in my yard,looks like a red cotinga!

Yes we have flocks of Red Ruffed Fruit Crow round here too - ours are the ultra rare all black subspecies usually simply known merely as a 'crow' to distinguish them from the ordinary red throated birds.

Dave

:hyst:

funny, but in this guys defense...sells some amazing eyed argus feathers

Yes - he's actually emailed to say he's withdrawn them - fair play - I think he'd been hoodwinked himself.

And yes I've had some pretty good argus off him - he had a nice pair of side tails for sale in this auction.

Dave

It's the damn Leprochan...........he's overdosed on the Lucky Charms again.......... :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: mark..... ;)

Sign in to follow this