Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Mike Boyer

Fire on the Mountain

Dunno what got into me. Maybe I've been looking at too many of Bud's and Sawada's flies. But I had this

nice old 4/0 Allcock 1906m hook (untapered shank), and wanted to tie something memorable if not nice

on it. The name comes from another Grateful Dead song. There is Argus in the tail and main wing (different

feathers), and Oscellated Turkey tail in the underwing. I hope it's cohesive enough to garner a few comments.

Thanks for the hook, Gotz.

post-4404-1192923344_thumb.jpg

I am sure you are going to get comments. I'll start of by saying that I think it is incredible! Nice to see you getting out of the box for a little bit. Great work Mike!

That's got a great open look to it. Nice to see the O. turkey used too. Great combo of materials, and great colors, too. :headbang:

Aaron

Mr MOM takes a break and plays outside the box! WOW Mike, you really elevated your game on this one! :headbang: :headbang:

OMG.....i dunno what to say..........so many words of praise went thru my mind.....i guess i'll just say i'm in TOTAL agreement with everyone else and MORE! Talk about goin' beyond. JESUS H. mark

i like it a lot

a lot of components in the fly

what is used in the throat?

all the best

john

Just wonderful Mike!!

Love the whole fly but especially the blushing cheeks: plays so well with the claret. That Allcock went to the right person

gotz

Sign in to follow this