Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

West Virginia Trout Streams

I just came across an article describing 8 of West Virginia's trout streams. I have never fished for trout in WV but have done plenty of Smallmouth fishing in the New River Gorge and must say that the area is beautiful!

Many of WV's trout river receive weekly stockings throughout the season but the article did mention quite a few holdover fish.

Most of these streams are about 5 hours from me and I just might make a summer trip out that way wink.gif

http://www.wvgameandfish.com/wv_aa045804a/

Will my brother fromPA has fished WV streams and says there are quite a few beautiful streams there.give it a try don;t think you will regret it.

tt

Hey Smalliehunter, ever see the movie "Wrong Turn"? I just watched it last week on DVD. Check it out before heading to WVa. I also went to school down at WVU for two years, interesting place.

Never seen the movie but I have fished the New River Gorge area for Smallmouth more than a dozen time, yea it is quite interesting blink.gif

smalliehunter where are you from i live in va i have never fished in WVA but would like to but already buy tenn. lic. and not enough days off for 2 states more or less 3. but if you are ever heading down this way yell at me. i am just about 1 hour from wv and 1 hour from tenn. so i am down in the south west tip of the state.

Sign in to follow this