Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
willowhead

HOOK SWAP

This is a simple idea. Hooks for hooks..................whatcha got?????????? Here's what i need. BIG, LONG, blind eye Salmon hooks. All the way up to 10/0 and the longer the better. And i DO MEAN LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know if you have anything like that and also what hook(s) you need in exchange. Hooks for hooks, that's the only way i deal. No funny business. PM for a more detailed explanation. mark (willowhead) B)

Sorry Royce, nowhere near long enough. Plus i need a pretty much thinner iron, with more of a sweeping, longer bend and a Bartleet type of upsweep to the section after the bend/leading to the point.....the barb area. Like a Noble S for instance. A 5 inch long Noble S is PERFECT.....or 6 inch, he he he he he he he. mark..... B)

Mark,

If you're looking for 6" hooks, I only know one place in the world that has a hook like that. So put 15k of the 20k hooks that you own (I can't imagine that much steel) on ebay, and buy some of the hooks that you need.

Service Tech, sent a PM.

ST, i PM'd you back. PM me and let me know EXACTLY what you have. mark

Royce, i DO NOT do ebay or PayPal.....Pay Pal has been hacked several times and had people's personal information compromised.....they have a very bad rep., no matter what you've been told. And e-bay is just way to time consummin' and loaded with hassles. I DO NOT have time for either. The hooks i need aren't the biggest problem in my life..........i'll get by just fine with what i have already :hyst: i just thought i'd throw it out there in hopes that somebody may have saved or collected something like what i'm after and would like to swap them because they're either not tying any more or need something i have............if and when it becomes that important, i'll find a way, i always do. mark..... B) p.s. you ever wanna see a STUPID hook collection, come on over.............thass the thing.....i just know i'll NEVER be able to use them all.....so. mark..... B)

guys.........i'd just like to encourage you all to please think about helpin' out the less fortunate amoung us by sharin' a hook or two or apiece of gut or whatever they might need........it's come to my attention that some of the guys are a bit low on materials...........i think we should ALL share with our brothers and sisters, what we are so fortunate to own.......one or two items caint kill ya. so if someone ask, please be generous. mark ;)

OK RRSS, you got it! I'll swap ya.........NO PROBLEM. PM for details. mark..... B) OH! and make that fish, a Brookie..... ;)

if I knew what a blind eye hook was and had some fish guts i'd trade ya! jk. anyways how much you charge for some custom made fly boxes? 9 bux is a rip for the ones in the store and I just used the 2 buck compartment ones. only thing that sux is my egg patterns(yarn) get stuck on the hooks. pm me your prices. could make a great xmas present

Sorry to get off topic but Riff, any secrets or tips on woodburning? I also make boxes and was thinking this would be cool. I'd like to see pictures of your boxes. You can see my boxes in the link below.

R.R.S.S., i got the fly box in the mail today. It's beautiful! Thankx so much. Your package goes out tomorrow. mark..... B)