Fly Tying
Redfox

Fly pattern

I live in Maine and love to hunt Partridge. Always looking for a good pattern to tie using their feathers. We have Red, Browns, and gray phase birds. Any ideas?

They are excellent for soft hackles. In fact, they are so popular you could probably sell them here on the Forum.

Dave

Dave's right. Partridge and Orange, Partridge & ______, lots of soft hackle patterns out there. You should have no trouble selling full skins in the "Trading Floor" section of this forum. I'd be interested. PM one of the moderators for the rules about posting things for sale.

I offer a partridge skin rescue service. Any and all partridge skins full of plumage are welcome to retire at my place where they will be treated with utmost respect and fulfill a destiny adorning a soft hackle of pure silk floss and cast upon a proper trout stream.

flyDology - It is people like you who make my heart swell and bring a tear to my eye (or maybe it's the medication). Through your unselfish efforts, many more trout will be able to see and admire those soft hackles. My hat is off to you and your kind. :headbang:

Yes it is ok to sell partridge skins. They changed the laws on selling Duck Skins in the last year or so. Used to sell alot of Wood Ducks and Hooded Mergangers. But can't sell a duck with the feather attached to the skin now. What a pain. I tie a small caddis fly using the tail feathers from a partridge and have some times used the eyes from the back for eyes on tandems.

Ok I do now have a bunch ahead and they are all dried. We do sell them for $12.00 each. But I think I have to clear it with the webmaster first. Plus shipping charges.

I would also be very interested in 1 of each color of partridge skin. Please let me know where to send a check or money order (I also have PayPal) and what the total would be.

Thank you very much

Guy S