Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Opening weekend Pennsylvania

Well after Baldwin outing i have not had a chance to get back out.But packing for weekend trip for opener in Pa.Long hours at work and familyhas not left alot of other time for much.So looking forward to it as soon as get out of work tomorrow.

All of you that plan on getting out from Pa good luck and hook one.If anyone will be up near Buffalo creek stop by.Will be camping over Friday night and fish from sun up to sun down.

Will try and post later when i return.Maybe try and take some pictures to post.

Just so you all might reconize me will have hat that has brown trout with words the fly [email protected] Baldwin,MI on it.Just thought i would through that in.I know a few of ya fish near there.

trout traveler

Good luck tt. I'm off till Tuesday, over the weekend I'll be fishing in a couple quiet spots but Monday and Tuesday I'll hit the main streams. Figure that way I'll catch less fisherman and more fish. Be nice to show my flies to a few fish that haven't seen em.

I'm heading to Potter county tomorrow morning, will be back on Tuesday

Plan on fishing for some natives then may harvest a couple from the stockies streams.

I'm just looking forward to the camp menu. Chicken wings, jalapeno poppers, deer fried turkey, venison back straps and Straub beer to wash it all down with.

Good luck to all and be careful !

Good luck with the opener guys, hope you all have a great time. From what I hear opening day can be quite the combat zone of some of the streams. The trout stream that is close to me doesn't open until the 24th and I'm going no where near that place for at least a week or so.

Bring back some pictures wink.gif

TT, where at on Buffalo are you going to be? I might be up that way with a friend or two.

JJ, have fun with the Straub, not bad stuff.

Good luck to all you PA guys starting off this weekend biggrin.gif

Well what a beautiful weekend it was for opener in Pa for trout.Can not remember such a warm day for opener in years.

Started out Sat.morning letting kids have first cast for the first half hour.First time we had kids with us and what a hoot it was.I think after the half hour was over the out fished us for the whole day.

I finally got done trying to land my first one 3 hours later.nice18 inch rainbow.We fished all morning at camp site and as soon the kids left we headed for different section.

Water was great.Couldn't had a better time.Familyand kids hitting fish.I think after the heard the words fish on the whole creek could hear there voices yelling those famous words.

Some reasonpicks won't let me get them here so the are a few in the gallery if anyone interested.

Brynfly we were camped on the bend up from the sportsman club on Buffallo.We fished there in morn the headed down to fish section from bridge to pete's hole.Water was running a little harder down that way.

Well that will do it.Had great time brought some home and left a few hang overs there.

tt

Sounds like it was a great day. I did not make it up to Buffalo. I landed at Deer Creek with some friends. The weather was great, the water was nice and not as many people as I thought would be out considering the conditions. I can't wait to take my daughter out someday (she is only 9 months now).

Sign in to follow this