Fly Tying
danathan

fall bass

i live in the midwest so its still 60 degrees and im just wondering if thell still hit on top or are they moving deeper.please send me pics of good flies that will work

Two words FEED BAGS!!!!!!!!!! Fish shallow on warm sunny days. Start shallow on cold days and work your way to the deep. Bass are aggressive right now feeding on anything they can find. As far as flies go minnow patterns top water ehh pretty much anything.

Here on the Left Coast most bass are taking sub-surface flies...especially throughout the Delta(waterway in the San Francisco Bay Area). Chartreuse and white Clousers are a good fly to have in your box. Top water flies will still produce some action, but your best best is to go under. My 2 cents.

Later...

Well then why didnt you go try in the first place. lol

I wondered the same thing!

take whatever you have tied up already and toss it at them. then tie more if you want! i wish i had a pond that close.

i did try it out but i neede someone elses opinion <_<

Do you honestly think it is the opinion? get out and try more.. How did you determine the pattern? do you know what "a " pattern is?

Spring and Fall are great times for bass fishing, mainly because you can get them to bite just about anything. Baitfish patterns are good, particularly white and _______ (pick a color) if you have shad in the water you are fishing in. Otherwise, try to match the color of the baitfish in the body of water you are fishing in. Topwaters are good, but I like shallow swimming floater-divers more these times of year.

PM me if you want any other info.

One of the best times to go flyfishing in the mid-Atlantic region was during Indian Summer. After the first frosts the temperatures would get back into the upper 60's low 70's & the bass would go on a feeding frenzy to fatten up for the winter. It was like the bass were stacked up like a cord of split & stacked wood, but getting the big ones hooked was the problem because the smaller fish would be above them taking the flies before the trophy bass ever got to see your presentation. Crayfish or hellgramite patterns worked very well deep, as did topwater/slightly submerged grasshopper or cricket recipes for those really warm afternoons ! B)

i have some bad news, i just had a surgery on my arm and they had to re brake it in several places, im going to be in a cast for 6 weeks and i wont be abl to fish for a while. at least icefishing will be about time to start wheni get it off. so i guess i dont need any more fly suggestins for falll bass. :crying: im so sad!!!