GP mode

A new addition to the fly pattern database has been submitted by TYR:

GP mode

img4729a51bc1567.jpg

hi fellows, Here's my ''GP mode''

Hope you like it.

tyrone

Morning Tyrone,

Beuatiful fly. The use of GP for the body materials is interesting. Nice choice of colors through out. There are a few things that need some tweeking. The first body section needs to slightly reduced in diameter so the end that meets up with butt is tapered down smoothly and matches the tag diameter. Second is the size of the guinea fowl used for the throat. Scale down just a bit. I would like to see it even with or a tad above the hook point. That way the eye won't focus on so much on it because it is a bit out of scale. Third is the head. You need to smooth it out a tad if your not going to put a gloss coat over it. That way the thread wraps will look smooth and have a finished look. PLease don't get me wrong. I'm not tearing the fly apart. These are just a couple of areas that need some work. Other than that, you have great eye for color and design.

Scott

Very nice overall. I agree with the points Scott mentioned plus the glack tips of the GP on the 3rd section are not straight like all of the rest, there is a white spot at the head likely the underbody showing and finally, I think you could have used a larger JC and had it tied in lower on the wing.

Word with the other guys.

This fly is pleasing to the eye!Nicely done!

Tyrone;

I love seeing tiers trying new ideas. I think the idea of using the gp tippets as the main body is great and it looks just that...great. Please do another one and then after that I'll jump on the idea like a dog on a bone. Thanks....good thinking and lovely fly

dg

Hi Tyrone,

Great Colour combination, I love the use of the tippet on the body, which is a great idea that works really well with the rest of the dressing which is excellent.

Well done...

All the Davie

i like what you did onthe body of the fly. great work, the throat could have been a tad smaller but all in all and very fine tie, nice job

Bud

Thanks for all the comments and ideas fellows, i really needed it.

DaveG : Yes ill try another one dave, Its really fun using GP tippets.

Scott : i love constructive comments, just keep it comin' , it makes me grow

It always makes me happy and honoured when the big guys speaks. feels like a lesson to his little bro.

tyrone

Sign in to follow this