Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
RoyalWulff

Junk Skins

I know classic salmon fly tiers are the most discriminating tiers of them all. Material Quality is of utmost importance, also I know that fly tiers in general are the most collecting, material gathering opportunistic people who can make use out of almost anything and turn it into a beautiful work of art and catch fish on it.

But for you classic tiers I need you to help out. I primarily tie salmon fishing flies for my own use. I would like to buy any of your junky JC capes, the ones with splits that would be useful for fishing flies. Also if anyone has an extra kingfisher skin I would like to buy that. I would go to feathers Mc, but i am afriad therewont be any fishing quality JC capes, plus I can help you take it off your hands if you wont use it .

Pm me witha price and we can work something out,

thanks a million,

-Phil

might check ebay for junk skins as well.They usually have poor quality on their.Steven

The Kingfisher turns gray when soaked in the water. If you are looking for the bright blue feathers for contrast on your fishing flies, the chatterer sub that is made out of dyed, white ringneck pheasant is nice.

The only reason I would use Kingfisher in a fishing fly is if you wanted that drab gray color.

Sign in to follow this