Fly Tying
Matt Inman

Thunder and Lightning 4/0

Had a go at the Thunder and Lightning as I wanted to do another mixed wing without all of the fuss and bodywork of some of the other mixed wing patterns. The T&L has a rather quick body and is rather fun as it doesn't get overly involved on the body. The wing turned out nice, the head will get one more coat before it goes on the shelf and everything else looks like a raggedy mess. I kinda like it that way. :)

The tinsel is some antique tinsel that looks really cool on the fly but is actually rather large and quite a bugger to get to work right.

As always, for your comment and critique.

post-5737-1194327070_thumb.jpg

You're right Matt, those mixed wings lend themselves to an errant dressing approach. Love the tinsel and that wing is beautifully done. I guess the only thing I might have done differently is perhaps using a webbier body hackle, maybe even schlappen. Great T & L !!!!

dg

Matt,

That fly looks great! I LOVE that old antique, big, oval stuff! I am getting rather low on the spool that I have, so If you have a lead on any, please let me know :)

Great job!

Aaron

Those mixed wings boggle my mind, whats left of it.

Nice one Matt.

Bob

well done Matt but i rather your married wing flies, seems to be a bit more order to them. i like the mixed wings but have seen enough of them recently from everyone. body work is superb on this one,

Bud

Nice fly !! I like the look of those mixed wings, the roof is right on!!!

Hi Matt,

Beautifully tyed, I have some old tinsels that are in a quality of their own compared to what you can buy today, so if anyone gets a chance of some don't hesitate to buy them.

Well done....

All the best Davie

I really like the look that you achieved, and the big tinsel looks fantastic with the wing. You're getting to be an all around versatile tyer :blink: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: