Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
keyboard112

Number 6 Done

Hi All,

I might have got too complicated on this one for my own good :D I think the main wing is a little big for the idea I had. The multiple tail veiling was a first I don’t think that went too bad; I know it will get better. I received my JC cape I ordered :yahoo: :yahoo: I did need smaller JC I think this looks better now. I tried to work out the tips of the wing better as well. If anyone needs to know a few good people in the U.K. to deal with for JC I can let you know, had A+ experiences. I would have liked the wing to be white and blue; I had no blue turkey tail feathers. I should have listened to John when I placed my last order LOL!!! :hyst: :hyst: I will be at Somerset so I am going to pick up new materials and hopefully new skills as well.

Thanks again!!!!

Keith

Betty_Blue.bmp

Wow, Keith, that's a beauty! :headbang:

I wish my sixtieth salmon fly looked that good. It's almost spooky that you could post such a polished-looking product after just six attempts. You have skills, friend.

John

GREAT work, you took care of business when it comes to one of my pet peeves. You've got the tip started DIRECTLY above the point of the barb. I HATE it when guys can't make that accurate......and you'd be surprised at how often that takes place. It's a dumb lititle peeve i guess, but proportions are all we have to keep things in context with the past. I couldn't care less how nuts you wanna get after that, but those little tiny things make a hell of a difference. It's about the only thing i have to keep my flies in contact with anything so-called classic. Maybe that's why i'm nuts about it. Your gonna be a giant in this world............it's all a matter of you using your imagination now. You already know every mistake you make and there aren't many. Go For IT! mark..... B)

Keith:

You're a natural. Keep tying. keep posting. All I can see from a critique standpoint, are very minor adjustments which I suspect you already know. Now assessing flies aesthetically....that's a whole different ballgame. Outstanding work my friend !!!

dg

you know this must be something special--it lured Davy!!

seriously tho', a well tied fly. You're honing those chops!

Sign in to follow this