Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
danathan

record rainbow

Has anyone heard of the world record rainbow trout some people caught a few months ago? ITS FREAKIN HUGE!!!! .its amazing how something can get so big!!!I think its like 43 pounds but u have to see for ur self.

post-10735-1195253474.jpg

WOW, I look pretty thin in that picture. I can't believe how much weight I apparently have put on since then!

It's a triploid from what I have heard. It is a sterile fish and cannot reproduce. The fish had been genetically altered and was raised on supplements. I know it sounds like a BS story, but the fish was basically raised on steroids. I'm not on my own computer where I have access to the story but will try to find the article when I get home in about 3 weeks.

Mike

Mike

I wouldn't be surprised - That fish looks like the planted broodstock you see once in a while, only bigger. If it ever tried to navigate serious white water somebody would have to call an ambulance.

hi guys, im really danathan but the site wont let me on so i made a new account does has anyone else had these problems.any way... <_< yea i think it escaped from a reaserch physility or something thats what the article said.

WOW, I look pretty thin in that picture. I can't believe how much weight I apparently have put on since then!

You look shorter too - 38.5" if I read the tape properly ..........

Hi guys,

That fish is indeed broodstock what happened was a fish farm on that lake had been damaged from ice flows and the fish escaped. Since then fish of that magnatude have been caught in that area. These are not wild fish but they have been caught in the wild. I got this from a fellow who lived there.

cheers kt ;)

i dont think it was a fish farm, it was more like a testing lab to mutat trout and feed them steriods. thats what i heard anyway.i look pretty good holdin that record. :lol:

In my opinion, that fish shouldn't qualify for a record. It was raised on Purina Trout Chow, and probably boosted with steelhead steroids.

If it does qualify, it should be with an asterisk.*

*gratuituos Barry Bonds reference

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this