Fly Tying
riffleriversteelheadslayer

cheap feathers

I would say hen Pheasant also, too rounded and mute colored to be cock pheasant but still a very pheasant looking feather.

Steve

Dewey would you be willing to part with one of those hen birds??? Since here in MO I cannot legally harvest a hen i have to try and rely on roadkill and pickins' has been slim to say the least on hen pheasant. matter of fact i was going to buy one from the game farm the other day when i went to get a couple chuckars and they wanted 35 bucks for a hen :bugeyes: :bugeyes: and 40 for a cock :bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes: so I saidno thank you and then proceded pass out in shock. I remember when we would go to the gae farm in the summer to get the dogs ready for a trial and we woulf buy quail for 4 dollars a piece and pheasant m or f were 6.50 what the heck!!! that was 15yrs ago and the same game farm and owners guess inflation really is a b*^%$. Let me know through PM of your willing to trade or something I would really like a hen skin if you have one you'll part with.

Steve

I've gotten a lot of pheasants on Ebay for very cheap. Last year I bought a lot of 8 roosters and 2 hens for $25 total. These were nice birds that had been skinned nicely and treated well. I split them up amongst my buddies and kept 2 roosters and 1 hen for myself. I have seen lots of other hen pheasants go on ebay for cheap.

R.R.S.S., where the hell is Rose City.....somewhere down the Yellow Brick Road???????? :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: Guys, if ya'll ever find some of them hen pheasents, i'll take one or two. Just lemme know how to get "IN." Like if you need a partner...........dig? mark..... B)