Fly Tying
joelst

Nikon FG

:help: I have an old Nikon FG that my daughter took to Utah rock climbing, and somehow lost the push button mechanism. The par5ts that go under the shutter button. Nikon no longer makes parts for this camera. I have looked at local camera shops with no luck., and am wary of buying from e-bay. Anybody have any suggestions where I can acquire the parts, or can buy an old camera for parts. My Nikon is actually in great condition otherwise, and I have a bit of money tied up in lenses and filters.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, joelst

Hi

If you have a solid investment in Nikon lenses - you may want to consider buying a new digital body- many of the Nikon dslr bodies support the use ( sometimes 100 % sometimes with a few concessions) all the way back to the 70,s.

Might be a better long term investment/solution versus repairing and continuing on with an FG.

Probably not the answer you wanted:) but hope it helps in the long run:)

Will

joelst,

KEH is pretty much the #1 store that I know of, and when they say that something is good it is.

And they happen to have a FG in excellent condition for $76.00 at this link.

It's missing a finger grip.

They look like nice cameras, if I didn't have several Pentax mounts I'd consider getting one of those units.

Will Milne, I don't know for certain but I don't believe that Manual Focus Nikon lenses will work on the new ones.

:D Little laker, thanks for the site. Just what I was looking for. I will have lots of spare parts this way. Won't be long and this will be an antique. I love the results I used to get with it. Old dogs still like to do it "Their Way". nothing like manual settings.

Thanks again. joelst (an Old dog)