Fly Tying
Matt Inman

Back from Somerset...

Just got home to Valdosta and will certainly have to follow up this post in the morning with more pictures and more text but wanted to begin to tell things while they are fresh on my mind. I had quite a rough journey to get home today but I am happy to be home, even without the materials and the rest of my luggage. :(

Celebrities I saw included John Mclain, Mike Radencich, Paul Little (my new idol), Charlie Chute, Paul Rossman, Plourde and many others. Guys from the FTF were there in large number and I am going to rely on them to post their stories so I want to list them all individually.

I roomed with Dave Kline and had an amazing time. I think we split about half the materials that we found and I have to be nice to him at least until he delivers my half. I kept losing Dave and every time I think I found him in front of Paul Little with a tiny amount of drool coming out of his mouth. A couple of times I found him hanging out in the Tinsel Trading booth but I can't share that story :bugeyes: It was a pleasure enjoying this trip with you Dave, we will do it again.

Bud's box is more amazing in person and sometime during the show a couple of flies went missing but I am not going to name any names. :rolleyes: He did a small demonstration on how to tie his bodies and thoroughly enjoyed himself from what I saw. I have photographic evidence of this that I will post later.

John Mc was his normal ornery self and as always had a ton of materials and knowledge for everyone. He is currently in the middle of a blizzard with Radencich, hopefully they have stopped for the night and gave up that idea of driving the entire way.

One word of advice, do not go in John's room late at night on Saturday. It makes for a very long Sunday morning and I will not do it again next time (maybe I will just behave a little better next time) though I hear that I missed all of the excitement which happened after I left.

The show was an amazing time and a great trip except for the trip home. :crying: It was a pleasure meeting all of you and getting to share the fellowship that we enjoyed.

post-5737-1195444403_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1195444412_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1195444420_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1195444430_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1195444442_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1195444453_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1195444464_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1195444477_thumb.jpg

Very nice to meet you Matt. I stayed away from the Tinsel booth this year.....ON PURPOSE! :hyst: We had snow for bout the last 45 minutes on the way home.....but nothin' to heavy at all. Glad you had a really good time. You sure seemd very active. I saw ya everywhere. Did you ever get by the CFTG table? I was so tired i only tied bout 5 flies. :hyst: Joe Fox, if you see this, i have somethin' for you from Dave Brandt. Haven't even looked at it so i don't even know what it is. Just sutck it in my shirt pocket and said, "your welcome." :hyst: We expected to see you today.....didn't realize you were heaed home last night when we saw you bout to pull outta the parkin' lot with Ralph Graves. Guess we just figgered you were in the Holiday Inn as well. :hyst: See ya soon. mark..... B)

Expecting more photos! John McLain called me during the day on Saturday but I wasn't here so I just got the recording. So, I called Bud on his mobile Saturday night about 12 or 1 AM here. I figured they would be up late and I was right although John was doing his stripping act three sheets to the wind so he couldn't talk. I think he just couldn't talk due to single malt. Bud was ok though and taking good care of our boney little friend. Bony as in SKINNY!!!! ha ha ha Anyway, I am sure it was a blast.

Ronn...you want more photos?

Well....Matt, he doesn't remember much of Saturday night....but not without reason...

First Bud was warning Matt about the consumption of large quantities of ......IPB Image

but note how Matt's glass is near empty.....IPB Image

resulting in......((don't ask me to explain this)).....IPB Image

all said in jest....and only for the sake of a good laugh.... :hyst:

Great to see you had a fine time.

Me and Davie will make it over soon.

You all seem to be turning into Wyatt Erp for some reason.

Dave

PS PL - good isn't he!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:headbang: Looks like a load of :yahoo: Thanks for sharing the pix and comments.

I would like an explanation of what Matt was doing while Gotz is stroking the Florican :hyst:

The word downstairs in the breakfast room this mornin' at the Double Tree, (tunrs out the food at the Double Tree for breakfast is MUCH better than the Holiday Inn nowdays :hyst: ) was that the party in Roger Ploude's room last night was QUITE an event. Somethin' bout a bucket and a hose. :hyst: :P :blink: :lol: <_< :rolleyes: mark..... B)

There were only a handful of tyers who deported themselves in a civilized manner...and none of them were John McLain's room saturday night. (smiling here). The haze is slowly lifting and I'll post plenty more later

gotz

Matt, nice to meet both you and DaveG. I was the guy who stopped by and bought a bunch of seal fur, we chatted for a bit.

~James

Even though I don't come over to these golden doors much it was great meeting some of the folks from the forum. Matt glad to see you made it home. If I may suggest something, I think the next time Paul Little comes over that it would be a good idea for some of you to get one of these.

IPB Image

The drool coming off from you guys was really getting all over the place, if my dry flys weren't in a case they would have been floating in the puddles. Tying next to Paul for two days was a real treat, not only does he make it look so EASY but he is also a truly fine gentleman. Had a lot of fun with him and hope to meet him again next year.

Kline

You are getting OLD!!!! At least you are still grinning.

Take care of your bad self. I can help but remember you carrying me thru the airport when we were leaving!!!

Later

Great to see pictures of some of the guys hidíng behind the names here on the forum. Especially posing in the relaxed style. How fun it must have been.

I wish I could get there sometime.

Mvh

Martin

Hi,

That blizzard was really bad but I made it back to Buffalo to see the Bills not do so great to say the least LOL!!! Everyone was talking about Sat. night in John’s room, must now remember Friday night then LOL!!! The show was great, I stood in front of Charlie about half the first day watching him tie a highlander and then realized I better go and get some feathers that are left over before there are no scraps left :D :D I had a great time and John was even willing to show me a 2nd time how to fold a feather on Sunday still recovering from Saturday night :D We had a great time and I will be posting some pictures as well, also I am going to email all the pictures to Royce and they will be on his page.

Talk to ya soon,

Keith

Some had better be careful, I didn't post all of the pictures I had... :)

It was a wonderful time and Sunday morning was just as miserable as Saturday night was fun. :)