Fly Tying
Matt Inman

Back from Somerset...

Just to set the record straight...Matt is reaching for a package of Indian Crow that he hid from all of us bandits and is meanwhile checking out the bald spot on the top of my head.......

gotz

Hi Matt,

Great to see some photo's of the guys and that you all have a great time I'll have to save the pennys to come over the next time.

All the best Davie

Hey Davie, God willing and the creeks don't rise, Royce and I will make the trek back there next year so save those pennys so we can meet you in person!!!!!!!

It was, indeed, a wonderful time, and great to meet many of you. It appears that my liver was spared a real thrashing by having to leave before Sat. night's events. :hyst: :hyst:

I was one of those that Plumbob was referring to in his description of watching Paul Little tie. For those who couldn't be there, Paul tied a series of low-water reduced dressing classics on about size 2 (not 2/0) hooks. He says he can tie them much more quickly that a full-dressed fly, thus allowing him to teach more effectively. These flies were miniature jewels, and absolutely flawless in their execution. And, he was a great guy to boot. Hope we see him back again. He's my new idol, too. I'm off to drink some water to make up for all the drool I lost.

Leigh

Matt - great meeting you my friend - and I have to say it was great to meet new faces and those I had already had the pleasure to meet at other venues (just too many names to go thru the list) :D :D !!!!!!!! Indeed a tiring weekend - and a great time!!!!!!!!

Ahhhh... the florican... we will be making hats from these very soon as they were originally intended :hyst: :hyst: !!!!

Matt - I hope your bags make it back home!!!!

Kind Regards

Lee

The bags made it fine Lee (I know that you wish me well but also have an ulterior motive as part of it's contents are bound for you in the future.) It was indeed a great time to be had by all. Rumor is that a couple of those low water flies were left behind in the states. When I find out the whereabouts of a couple of them I will try to post a picture. :)

There was much discussion about the Bonne Bouche tied by Paul Little that Dave Carne and Gotzmer loved so much. The website name has changed but the fly can be found at:

http://www.flytying.sitestogo.biz/photo-gallery-page.html#

I knew I had seen it and it is indeed a beautiful fly.

It was nice meeting a bunch of people. I even got to see some old friends from my days in Bucks County, PA.

I was wearing a FTF hat and was surprised at the number of people who knew about the forum.

Next time we ought to put out some stuff about the forum. Or hold our own 'get acquainted' function.

I had a great time as well. Didn't get to meet as many of you as I would have liked.... I did check in with John Mc as usual, and also had the pleasure of meeting Matt. Chatted with Stack which was also a pleasure, and bascially spent my time fondling materials and bouncing between Charlie Chute's and Paul Ptalis' tables. This show never disappoints!!

Well, I'm one of the other guys who parked in front of Paul Little for a lot of the show. It was an impressive display of skill. Leigh was right when he called those flies "jewels". Paul tied speys and low water flies with a very clean style and the smallest heads you ever saw. I guess drooling was a pretty good description of what was going on in front of his booth.

Del, like you said, I'm getting old but I'm still grinning. I hope you can make it to one of these events again in the future. It was a blast to see old friends and meet a lot of new ones. I hope you post some of your flies on here. It's been too long my friend.

:ripped:

I am SOOOOO envious of all you guys (and gals) who made it to Somerset this year! Next year -- when I finally qualify for a fourth week of vacation -- I plan to join you for the fun, the fellowship, and the borderline debauchery.

John

Boarderline?????..........guess you've never hung out in my room in a hotel........ :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: mark..... B)

... I will have to go to it someday. Mabie tim would need some help...

Kline,

There are some under the name Jim2Flies. I forgot my password.... Duh...

You look good. Just make sure you turn off the ceiling fan before looking through your chatterer and crow