Fly Tying

Au Sable Outing, weekend of May 14th

After review of the responses, the weekend of the 14th of May seemed to work best for most members.

Chromium and myself are staying at Paddle Brave Campground.

A few members have cottages in the area, but to those that are looking for a campsite, Click Here

You will notice on their website, that they do have a couple of cottages on the premises

There are several Motels in the Roscommon area.

Fawn Motel, 8160 N Harrison Rd, Roscommon, MI 48653, (989-821-6658)

Great Escape Motor Lodge, 8097 N Harrison Rd, Roscommon, MI 48653, (989-821-6343)

North Winds Motor Lodge, 9123 N Cut Rd, Roscommon, MI 48653, (989-821-6972)

Peltons Deerland Motel & Svc, 9370 Old US Highway 27, Roscommon, MI 48653, (989-275-5774)

Roscommon Motel, 516 N 5th St, Roscommon, MI 48653, (989-275-0573)

Spruce Motor Lodge, 900 Lake St, Roscommon, MI 48653, (989-275-5781)

As far as the quality of the above accommodations, I can't weigh in.

The campground does rent canoes for the boat-less angler looking to float a section

I just got off the phone with Mike (the owner) and he's very willing to work with us.

If you decide to make reservations at the CG, be sure to mention that you're with the Fly Forum and he'll do his best to keep us together. According to him, there won't be too many campers with the exception of a few turkey hunters and other fishermen.

The cabins are available, but he wanted me to let you guys know that they do not have water within. They do contain a microwave and coffeemaker. Water is available and so are showers just a few steps away at the office.

He's looking forward to our arrival.

Wait 'til he gets a load of us...LOL

I'm out. My favorite month to trout fish and I have graduations, bachelor parties, and weddings to attend.....three weekends in a row. I wish people wouldn't get married during the best hatches of the year. dry.gif

Anyway, sounds like fun.....wish I could attend.

QUOTE (mickey @ Apr 21 2004, 12:35 PM)
I have graduations, bachelor parties, and weddings to attend.....three weekends in a row.

Send checks! whistling1.gif smoke.gif

Amen

I bet they'd rather get some coin instead of having someone bellied up to the bar drinking all their booze and then start to talk a bunch of shit. laugh.gif

The last thing I would do is to invite a bunch of YOU camels. drunk.gif user posted image user posted image user posted image

QUOTE (Shoe @ Apr 21 2004, 11:51 AM)
He's looking forward to our arrival.

Im sure he is! biggrin.gif

I will placing my reservations today after work!

clapping.gif cheers.gif smoke.gif drunk.gif

Have boat and streamers, will travel. Might have an extra seat too.

I'll be staying at Higgins Lake ~ 30 minutes away.

Be careful, the jail, courthouse, and sheriff's dept is just a few minutes away from the campground ... lol.

Plenty of bugs will be around, but not in full force. That's a good thing as our superhatches are almost impossible to fish.

I'll see what I can work out. This is my best buddy from high school and I am the best man....so a check would me look like a horse's ass. I also am in charge of the bachelor party which is on the weekend of the 14th....let me see what I can do. Maybe he will settle for trout instead of naked women.... dunno.gif or maybe at least another weekend

The graduation is my brother's, so Im up the creek there too...lol

I cant wait until everyone I know is married. I am getting tired of this bs.gif every year. Money for gifts and no time for fishing.... and if I have to do the chicken dance with someone's grandma one more time, Im gonna freak out. bugeyes.gif

QUOTE (mickey @ Apr 21 2004, 04:34 PM)
Maybe he will settle for trout instead of naked women.... dunno.gif

Blindfold the guys. I bet they won't know the difference. Mooning-Smilie.gif help.gif

Hey...Mickey...you won't ever haveta go to my wedding...and IF I decide to EVER get married MAKE me go fishing instead....LOL!

If I make it I'll have my hyde...Mickey has 1st choice of seats if he goes if not I'll have 1 possibly 2 open seats...

QUOTE (Ladykiller @ Apr 21 2004, 04:32 PM)
Have boat and streamers, will travel. Might have an extra seat too.

I'll be staying at Higgins Lake ~ 30 minutes away.

Be careful, the jail, courthouse, and sheriff's dept is just a few minutes away from the campground ... lol.

Plenty of bugs will be around, but not in full force. That's a good thing as our superhatches are almost impossible to fish.

You're back

I thought you left us for higher ground. tongue.gif