Fly Tying

Au Sable Outing, weekend of May 14th

Wouldn't be an outing if the cops DIDN'T show up. headbang.gif devil.gif Im just joking. We are really tranquil and proper fly fishermen. blink.gif

Don,

Maybe you could marry a certain barmaid in a certain fishing community and you can do both... blink.gif Just remember the hole is smaller than the ball. bugeyes.gif biggrin.gif Thanks for the offer on the boat by the way. I appreciate it. smile.gif

Man, I really got to figure this out. Anyone know where I can get 36 blindfolds? dunno.gif This should be a good answer....LMAO

QUOTE (mickey @ Apr 21 2004, 04:34 PM)
and if I have to do the chicken dance with someone's grandma one more time, Im gonna freak out. bugeyes.gif

Ahhh, come on Stifler! We know you liked it!! bugeyes.gif

QUOTE (mickey @ Apr 21 2004, 05:35 PM)
Man, I really got to figure this out. Anyone know where I can get 36 blindfolds? dunno.gif This should be a good answer....LMAO

Let me think...Hmmm...I think I have some past references that can help ya out Mike... ph34r.gif

You could always just make a couple of "Yukka" jugs and then you won't need the blindfolds...We'll just have to all look out for the "BATS" baby.gif help.gif wub.gif wheelchair.gif sick.gif lol.gif crutch.gif

Hey Guys,

I may be in...we are headed to Elk Rapids for a week (with the in-laws devil.gif ) and I may be able to spring for a day and meet you on the Au Sable. Which portion you planning to fish?

'Nix

Remember...I am a noob at fly fishing so be gentle tongue.gif help.gif

I guess it would really depend on the progression of the hatches and water temps. I wouldn't be opposed to fish below Mio, providing we get some warmer weather in the next few weeks. A few guys have mentioned fishing the North Branch and I've even considered floating from Parmalee to the pond. That's always fished decently early in the season. The possibilities are endless.

I'll be up there the next few weekends for a little scouting, along with a few other members

If you guys have plans set up before May 6th, let me know and pm me a cell/phone number (I won't have email access at the in law's condo)... Then I can arrange meeting up and we can nail some trout! Ciao!

'Nix

Ralf, what days will you be up the next few weeks? I am going to try and take the 17th of May off to fish with you if that is okay. I'll be up every weekend soon.

Tim,

I'll be there this weekend, mostly to set up camp and may float on Monday if I stay up there. It all depends on the weather which doesn't look very favorable.

Mother's Day weekend it looks like I'm bringing my dad after brunch with mom and hope to float the Main Branch from Parmalee to the Pond on Monday. (he doesn't swing feathers)

The weekend of the Outing you'll find me there Sat pm through Monday. I will have my wife up there. We're celebrating 13 years of "wedded bliss" headbang.gif

My floating will be limited to mornings, unless the weather is decent enough for her to join me. I'm always good to do a short one. What ya got in mind?

Define "short one"

Basically I want to float Mio to Comins or Comins to McKinley. Should be like 8am to 3pm float. If not, I know of plenty of others to fish with.

I really can't obligate myself to a float of that length and keep my marriage in place...LOL

I might float along with my wife if the weather is decent. She really enjoys the boat rides/shore lunches/sunbathing. Go ahead and find a partner. Sorry wink.gif

Hmmm Sounds like they may be somebody up north this weekend that might be able to spot my truck for me! wink.gif laugh.gif

well I have a wedding friday night but I plan on being on my best behavior. Still kind of feeling ill effects from the bachlor party and that was 4 days ago. wallbash.gif I could be up saturday say around 9 or 10 at the very latest. Sunday all day would be good. I would want to head for home no later than 5 or 6 though.

What stretch, well that dont matter as long as Im floating!! biggrin.gif I really, really, really, want to float the Mason Tract but not sure on what condition the river will be in. Hope to know more about river conditions once the weekend gets closer. I could really use the peaceful surrondings of the Mason Tract to sort out some things in my mind! laugh.gif Anyways Im cool with any strecth. cool.gif

Man I think that took me a hour to write. Cant my boss just leave me alone and let me F off! bugeyes.gif