Fly Tying

Au Sable Outing, weekend of May 14th

I'll be glad to spot you on Sunday, even if I don't join in.

If Sue doesn't come up, you'll have a place to crash Saturday night.

According to Rusty's old report, the SB is still high. I wouldn't mind trying that TU water on the Main. Not sure of the float times though. I'll snoop around a bit and we'll touch base Friday wink.gif

ok sounds good. I have friday off because Im in the wedding. I dont surf the web much when Im not at work, so just give me a call. I should be home most of the day untill 1pm.

I talked to one of my buddies tonight that fished the area today. He popped three browns that went 18" and a rainbow that went 24". I can't wait to see the pictures tomorrow.

I told my wife my plans and she has no prob but reminded me I have to pick my kid up after soccor pratice at 3 on Sunday. So I have to be on the road home Sunday at noon.

QUOTE (riverboy @ Apr 29 2004, 06:47 AM)
I told my wife my plans and she has no prob but reminded me I have to pick my kid up after soccor pratice at 3 on Sunday. So I have to be on the road home Sunday at noon.

Sounds like you need to take Monday off...LOL Fair is fair

Actually they are calling for SNOW bugeyes.gif user posted image

What a bunch of shit.

Tim,

Those are some very respectable fish. Any idea what they came on? What are you doing Sunday?

About time it cleared up. I guess we can play it by ear. I wouldn't mind using the Hyde if it's going to be cold out. We need to find a short float if you have to leave by noon. Tim's going to check into float times for us. BTW, got room in the 5er for Saturday night. Sue caught the weather report and decided to stay home. I should be up around 7-8pm.

If anyone else wants to join me for Sunday eve/ Monday, let me know.

Well from the Ausable I can normally make it home in a hour and a half so at least by 1:30 I need to be on the road. I was going to check my TU book last night about float times but was busy with the kid at soccor and forgot, I will check at lunch time.

Thanks for the place to crash for the night!!!

Anyone wants to fish Saturday late morning/afternoon let me know!! Would rather float, but will wade.

Estimated Float Times (to float and fish)

Mainstream AuSable

Burtons to Stephan's - 6hrs

Keystone to Stephan's - 4hrs

Thendara to Stephan's - 3hrs

Stephan's to Wakely - 6hrs

Stephan's to Townline - 8-10hrs

Wakely to Townline - 4hrs

Wakely to Conners - 6hrs

Conners to McMasters - 5hrs

McMasters to Parmalee 8-10hrs

Mio to McKinley - 6-9hrs (more like 12 in my opinion ... Mio to Comins is like 6-8hrs)

South Branch AuSable

Chase to Smith 8-10hrs

Smith to McMasters 8-10hrs

North Branch AuSable

Dam 4 to Morley Rd - 6hrs

Kellogg to Parmalee - 10hrs

Mike,

I'm quite sure those are fishing times

The Chase to Smith is 4 hours by canoe wink.gif

Thanks Tim! That's a huge help headbang.gif

Good to know. smile.gif I'd like to get over there a few times this year. Who said "have a Hyde, will travel"? LOL biggrin.gif

Mike

You will be able to cover more water in that Hyde vs. the Dryfly. I have found that 3 miles is plenty in a pontoon and 5 a bear, especially when it's windy. It's not too bad to do 8-10 miles a day throwing streamers while there's someone on the sticks in the Drifter. If you plan to stop and fish the holes try to keep it closer to 5 or you'll be rowing out with a flashlight. bugeyes.gif bs.gif

Ralf, Sunday ... Mio ... streamers, maybe dries?

Scott, Saturday, Mio ... streamers, maybe dries?

I just got off the horn with a prominent guide up that way and they got into some big fish last night as the temps got up to 55.

Let me know guys.