Fly Tying
michel

Finnish national fly tying championship

HI

I search informations for the"Finnish national fly tying championship"

I f you as informations please write me.

Michel921

I am not sure but I think that may be for Finnish Nationals only so if you live in Finland you should be able to find info somewhere there...but I am not sure..good luck and if you find info let us know

thanks Mike

Yep it's for Finnish people only. One of the reasons is that it's a live competition. The other is that it's just to find out who's who in the Finnish tying scene. This years competition was held last weekend so even if you're Finnish it is bit too late for this year.

I entered for the first time this year.

We had pretty fun flies to tie like a Nicholson in 2 hours . And Muddler Minnow Special, Rhyachophila pupa and Wickhams Fancy all 3 in two hours. Got me spinning the bobbin mad (I am a really slow tyer).

There should be pictures of the winning flies and the best flies of the categories soon at http://www.kotkanperhokalastajat.fi/

Bear in mind when the pictures of the flies arrive that the flies where tied under a pressure of the competition and had pretty strict time restrictions.

Tkontio and Graham thanks for the links..........So TK how did you fare in the competition????well I hope

mike :D

Mike, I was second in the saturdays "open"(anything but salmon flies) category and 6th on sundays salmon fly competition. Pretty good for a first time participant. It was nice to see some of the top dogs here in Finland tie.