Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dean Cunico

Intimadator

Hi guys I'm new to this forum. Been tying about 6 years. What do you think???? I have been afraid to get on here because I don't think I'm good enough to be on here with the likes of you guys. You all are a major inspiration to me and I feel intimidated about showing my flies on here. I have alot more to show from 2001 to present. I am from New Mexico and there is not alot of us around here that do this kind of tying. Glad to join your group and I feel very priveleged to be amomgst you guys. You guys rock!!!!!!!! :headbang: post-12909-1195872737_thumb.jpg

Dean, i think you've done some beautiful work on this fly. your talents shine with your first fly posted here and i say welcome aboard. theres a great bunch of guys here and you would be a welcome addition to our group here. i look forward to seeing more from you here. feel free to dive right in and if you need any help navagating the site just ask. theres always someone here willing to help.

again, wonderful tie

Bud

edit: one more thing, did you misplell the name of the fly? should it have been intimadator? i can change that for you if it's not correct

Not a lot wrong with that tying wise!

You need to keep any eye on minor points like the tail/crest meeting and balance of throat versus wing - but from what I can see you've got all the elements - it's just a question of polishing them a little.

Well done

Dave

It's fantastic.....super sharp. Just wish the pic was larger so i could really get a much better look at it. Love your style. mark..... B)

Six years?...Well, It's about time Dean !!!

WELCOME !! Join us and soon (like many) you will see your skills skyrocket.

Lovely fly...I can identify with the thinking behind the design.

Dave Carne's suggestions are (as usual) to the point, and appropriate

dg

Welcome Dean :thumbup: !!!!!!! The fly looks really well tied... wish the pic was slightly bigger... and look forward to seeing more of your work :headbang: !!!

Regards

Lee

Welcome Dean, you made quite an entrance. That is a beautiful fly, wish it was a larger picture so I could get the full affect. I really like multiple wings! You've done a fine job!

I don't think anyone should feel intimidated to post here on the forum, there is a broad range of experience from beginner to expert and I don't think anyone on here would ever berate or belittle a member for taking the plunge and putting their work out there for comment and critique.

This is THE best place for honest feedback, answers, assistance and encouragement I think a fly tyer could ever find on the NET.

So any lurkers out there that are reading this post, get off the fence, jump in and post a fly, introduce yourself, and join in the fun and learning, afterall that's what it's all about, friendship and learning and sharing in the joy of salmon fly tying.

Thanks for taking the plunge Dean and getting your feet wet in public, it's a pleasure to have another talented tyer for myself and many others to draw inspiration from.

All the Best,

Sincerely,

CapeBSalar (Damian)

Welcome Dean!

From the looks of that fly, you can teach many of us a thing or two. I/m a real newbie to CS tying, but have found if I ask for help, all these tyers are more than willing to help me solve a tying problem or give me critique or tell me what to practice, or some little tip that makes my next fly better. I think of this forum, and of course the Classic Streamer/Wet forum too, as the on-line graduate school of tying. The professors don't all agree with each other, but they can help you learn faster than any other method. After all you have 50 or so experts helping you.

Welcome

-E (Peter)

Dean,

Welcome aboard!!!! Great work, seems like you got the knack. Alright, another sicko!!!! Looking forward to more. -Jamie Daly

Sign in to follow this