Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dafack01

Waterproof digital cameras?

I'm thinking about buying a digital camera. Since I'll be using it around water so much I figure I might as well get one that's waterproof so I don't have to worry about getting it wet. I'm eyeing the Pentax Optio W30. Are there any other good ones out there?

I've got the pentax and like it alot. Seems to take a few seconds to focus at night and its kinda hard to see whats in the frame when taking pictures underwater.

This pic was taken with it

IPB Image

duckydoty

I got the Pentax Optio W30 a few weeks ago and love it. It would be a great camera even if you couldn't submerge it.

I have a bunch of underwater pics AND video (the video quality is GREAT for a point and shoot as well) on my guide blog. Take a look, everything for the past month has been done with the Pentax.

http://www.autumnbrookangling.com/journal.html

~James

I have the Optio W20 and would recommend them.

On top of being water and dust proof, they are also shock proof. I dropped mine from my treestand this year during archery season - about 15' up. Still works fine.

I have the Olymnpus 720. The Pentax seems to be the more popular of the two, but damn if I don't love the Olympus. They're making 730's and I think 770's now. Shock, water, and freeze proof. Very nice camera. I'm more than pleased with it.

Jeff