Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher anonymous

DDH Leech

I like it, like it a lot. Both flies and photo. Have you tried a combination of black(ish) body with a lime tail yet ? If not I bet you'll find it worthwhile!

You would not believe the number of species I have caught on this fly. Walleye, Bass, Channel Cats, Carp, Pike, trout, and just about everything else. Sent some out west and the guys out there pounded Steelhead and Salmon on them too.

I have tried numerous color combinations and they have all taken fish but once again some colors are better. Brown by far is the best producing.

You would not believe the number of species I have caught on this fly. Walleye, Bass, Channel Cats, Carp, Pike, trout, and just about everything else. Sent some out west and the guys out there pounded Steelhead and Salmon on them too.

I have tried numerous color combinations and they have all taken fish but once again some colors are better. Brown by far is the best producing.

They look good. If you ever get to the Everglades, bring along some in brown and tan ;) I tie one very similar in tan (with red bead-chain eyes) and it has been killer on snook in small creeks!

Went on a cruise with the better half and managed to get into the Bass Pro Shop in Fort Lauderdale and the two guys working in the fly shop walked away with 2/3 of my DDH Leeches. Bonefish and Snook. Wish I could have been with them. Enjoy. Pounded Smallmouth with this fly.

IPB Image

I have tried numerous different styles of hooks but the best I have used is a Talon TA-SA163C. These hooks are supplied by Superfly Inc. a Canadian wholesaler of fly tying materials. These hooks are a salmon fly hook with a straight eye and are a heavy wire. One of the best hooks I've ever used. For futher info on the hooks you can look at Superfly's web site.