Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
day5

Go Caddis-Full Dressed

Very nice tye........really looks good. A bit hard to tell from the pic.......i'm wondering if those are silver linned glass beads or if they are even glass??????? The silver linned glass beads are the best to use because they give a real translucent look to the fly. And they also create the illusion of air bubbles. Both triggering mechenisums. Good job. mark..... p.s. i saw where you just tyed at the Mason show............wanna tye at the Clearwater Junction in June?????????

The body us clear tubing over green flashabou with a purple thread rib. Willow check your pm's.

Tied these up last night while sipping on a Bell's Two Hearted Ale.

Thanks for the inspiration, day5!

I used yellow floss ribbed by fl orange thread on some, orange floss ribbed by red thread on others, and purple floss ribbed by red thread on the rest. All under olive stretch tubing finished off by root beer estaz. I'm going to get some clear tubing today and play with that later - I've got 5 more bottles of Bell's, after all. :hyst:

post-10599-1198421314_thumb.jpg

I was also trying to watch "The Shawshank Redemption" too! Besides, for the cost of a sixer of Bell's ya don't slam it. :blink:

I picked up six more colors (incl clear) of th stretch tubing today. BTW, Danville makes a purple thread, or at least D&R Sports still has 15-20 spools of it, if they don't still make it.