Fly Tying
flytiehunt

Hybrid Crayfish

flytiehunt,

I am really glad you have begun posting here, and I love the details you post with your tied flies; I wish everyone was so thorough. Its really wonderful to see a great fly and then have step by step instructions on the tying of it, which certainly makes it much simpler and more fun for the person learning to do the same.

Thanks again and welcome. Please keep them coming. Also, there is a site, a specific board, here where all of these great flies and recipes are kept. Please check with Will and make sure all of your's are there so they can be easily found again.

Ray

Nice looking crayfish. I know some water around here that you could slay some smallie's with that one!

BFR

same here :)

While searching for cray/craw patterns, I found this old thread again and didn't realize I hadn't bookmarked it yet. Figured i might bring it back again for the warmwater guys since the Spring Thaw is upon us.

Hey thanks for this contribution. I love how you break this down & provides steps in your recipe. I will check your version out the next time I tie a crayfish imitation. BTW people, Stripers do like Craydads ;) I know, cause I caught my first Striper last year w/ a similar imitation :D

Nice craw...when I click on the link it goes back to the index page....But I found it on the web page...Thanks...Later DL

Worth reviving for this spring.....of all of the effective AND productive cray ties out there, this is one of my favs.....just love the look of this thing, and the action is tremendous....i am a huge fan of rabbit for claws....