Fly Tying
flytiehunt

Davy Wotton Shad

Jeremy nice to see you on here!

Pretty good year on Taney Ehh?

duckydoty

I would have to agree with you. It's good to see you on here to. This forum is where I belong. Do you know what was the biggest one caught this years was?

What a great fly! Nice work on the tying instructions. I like the way the Gills are hidden inside the mesh. And the foam topline is a cool way to keep this wounded little baitfish at the surface. Very efficiant tie also. Nice work. I'm positive I'll tie a few for the box this winter.

What a great fly! Nice work on the tying instructions. I like the way the Gills are hidden inside the mesh. And the foam topline is a cool way to keep this wounded little baitfish at the surface. Very efficiant tie also. Nice work. I'm positive I'll tie a few for the box this winter.

Thanx my friend,

I can't tell you enough about this pattern. You would think it's to pretty to catch fish (only fisherman), but it catches fish after fish. I've caught trout, snook, all types of bass, crappie and I'm sure I'll be adding more to the list.

Hey Jeremy and Ducky, didnt think I would find either of you on here! :lol: I have fished this for Striped Bass and Whites and caught literally tons on it! I love how it suspends in the water if you let your sink tip take it down far enough.

Yeah, I’m going to start doing more on this forum. I've read post forever, but never replied. I think I’m going to start the online fly tying class on here. Will who runs and operates this site called me the other day and we got to talking about it. I guess you can have up to 40 people online watching this. Pretty cool stuff. Good to see you on here to. See you on the river!!

Have you ever added fly rattles? Got a pic coming on where to place it. Be right back.

Where do you get your flexi-cord? It seems a little hard to find, but I guess you've just got to know the right place to go.

I'm glad you're here; this is a great pattern. Thanks for taking the time to put together the instructions; I really appreciate them.

Ray

Your welcome Ray,

I originally from Tyler, Texas. I grew up fishing for bass on Lake Fork. My dad had a lake house there and fished the circuit for a few years when I was really young. I sure miss that lake, but now that I’m fly fishing I would rather do this.

IPB Image

The flexi-cord is real easy to find. Your local shop can order from Wapsi.Co. The best overall size is the ¼. Also, there’s a few colors to choose from as well. When you catch some fish on it, if you don’t mind posting a picture or two that would be great. Good Luck!!!

I like the looks of this pattern. I was at Bass Pro this morning but they didn't have the flex cord or the foam cylinders :dunno: . I think the other place in town, Sportsman's Warehouse, at least has the flex cord but could you tell me where you get your cylinders from?

Thanks for the great post :headbang: !!

Terry

I saw something like those but I didn't think they were it :P . Does the package say they are pre formed bodies? They didn't look quite long enough to me, but maybe I should have measured instead of just eyeballing it :dunno: