Fly Tying
brandon722

Anyone know where I can get MiniGrabbers?

A minigrabber is one of those things that fly tying demos use to display their flies - basically it is about 3 inches long, and has a thumb push spring that pushes out a small wire hook that you can use to hook the fly hook and hold it straight. You have seen these things in fly shops and fly tying demos and they stand up on wooden fly tying "cakes" as displays.

Does anyone know where I can get these in bulk? They are made by Pomona (maybe someone else makes them??) and they are sold in packs of 10 (part #3925-0), but these can be very very pricey if bought separately. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is a pic:

IPB Image

Yes, I have done this and contacted all of the resellers - but none of them have them in stock, if they do they charge a $10 handling fee, you need to order $100 worth, and sometimes there is a huge delay.

I have a couple of bags on order - but the shipping is stupid - since they will only ship UPS and they in general overcharge.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a store that has these where I can go locally? I tried Lowes and Home Depot - and even the local electric supply stores - but they have them in stock on the other side of the country. Hell, my brother works for an electrical supply store and he can't even get them!

When I need smaller quantities on electronics parts I usually go to Digikey http://www.digikey.com/ They are fast, and have no minimum order, however if your under $25.00 they add a $5.00 fee. No huge shipping fees..

I've bought from them fairly often over 20+ years of time, never had any trouble, prices are not always the best but probably will suit your needs fairly well.

The following link is to the item your looking for, looks like they are in stock (Black & Red) and $16.88 for a 10 pack, guess you would need to buy 2 x 10 packs to avoid the handling fee... the other colors you would need to have them special order.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch...8;keywords=3925

how many is bulk? 10-20, 25-50, 50-100??

bulk doesnt always equate to inexpensive untill your up in the thousands of parts.

have you tried ebay??

Join the Coast Guard, become an Electronics Technician - $8000 bonus for graduating ET School right now!!!_ :blink: - and you'll have these things coming out of your ears after a while :hyst: :hyst:

Well - I got them in the mail on Wednesday - a whole bunch of them. If anyone needs a few (they are still cheaper than buying them at the fly shop), please let me know - I can break up the huge lot I got. They come in packs of 5 and they are black.