Fly Tying

Hey Bud,

That is one hell of an amazing accomplishment! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :thumbup: :cheers: I have a fly that I've been meaning to send to John but with all the hospital stuff and moving this past summer, I haven't gotten around to it yet. After seeing yours on here , I need to get off my butt and get moving.

Have fun gigging!

Dean

Congratulations!

Any bets on how long that fly will last? no, not because of weather and natural decomposition, but how long it will last before one of us goes there and rescues it? You know that if Bud knows where it's at, then it will always have the fear of getting the razor!

For anyone that's interested, here is the text that was directly under the fly, translated as best I could since the text wasn't that clear.

How is fishing connected to Koris?

Fly-tying enthusiasts will tell you kori bustard feathers are prized for fishing lures. The demand has cost birds their lives - till now. Zoos donate naturally-molted feathers to the fly-tying community, making available a spectacular use of discarded feathers. The National Zoo helps coordinate these SSP programs.

The SSP program is a success story and a win win situation. Great to see the public have an opportunity to view Bud's excellent work and have some sense of our appreciation and connection to these marvelous birds. Thanks mucho Bud !!

dg

You'll never hook one with the barb covered with perspex like that.

Wonderful work, wonderful programme - from two of the best ambassadors for Salmon Tying there are.

Dave

Hey, I know that guy! :blink:

Congratulations, Bud! You and John are two of the Kori SSP's biggest ambassadors. The rest of us owe you a debt of gratitude for that.

John

Great job Bud , We're proud of you.

tyrone

Hi Bud,

Congratulations to you and John for a worthy cause which many a tyer will be thankful, the display will be admired by many because of one very talented and generous person who deserves lots of praise.

Well done.....

All the best Davie

this is cool. i have a fly on display at the national zoo in washington DC in front of the kori exhibit. the fly was incased in acylic.

Bud

post-2058-1196905966_thumb.jpg

My congratulations Bud, it's a great honor for you. :bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

Fabrizio